Should Ernie be recast?

MelissaY1

Reaction score
And I"m pretty sure there's new Ernie material for season 44; a video about their new divorce kit showed BTS footage of Eric and Steve filming in a park setting, and a SW intern posted a picture a month or so ago on Tumblr of her and Ernie, with some of the park set being shown.
So, wait a Sesame intern is posting photos of unreleased material? I don't know about the rules now, but when I interned for Henson in college (back in 1999), I had to sign confidentiality agreements about anything we saw, heard, worked on etc. that COULD NOT be released. And if this intern has any future aspirations to work for the company, probably not a very smart idea on their part.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Those are good thoughts, Melissa. Like I said, you sort of have to see both sides of this. But after reading your post, I kind of agree. We all know that Steve is the one person who could fill Jim's shoes with Kermit, so it should be the same with Ernie as well. Plus I agree with what you said about Steve and Eric having good chemistry. But if the availability is an issue, well that's something to think about. I suppose he could loop in Ernie's lines, but then he wouldn't be directly working with Eric, so I don't know. :confused:
Daffy, but now with them filming the new Muppet movie, won't Eric's schedule be tied up as well? Though I'm sure they filmed plenty of material this past season for awhile. After the whole Kevin Clash debacle recently, they said they had plenty of material with him as Elmo until they decide what the next step is there. Plus, I'm sure Sesame's filming schedule probably picks up again after the filming of the Muppet film, so scheduling conflicts may not be an issue.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
So, wait a Sesame intern is posting photos of unreleased material? I don't know about the rules now, but when I interned for Henson in college (back in 1999), I had to sign confidentiality agreements about anything we saw, heard, worked on etc. that COULD NOT be released. And if this intern has any future aspirations to work for the company, probably not a very smart idea on their part.
It wasn't a picture of unreleased material; it was her and Ernie. A small portion of park set was in the corner, so you can barely tell what they were even doing.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
It wasn't a picture of unreleased material; it was her and Ernie. A small portion of park set was in the corner, so you can barely tell what they were even doing.
Still, we weren't allowed to post stuff like that. Unless she asked their permission

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Is Johnny T. not available right now? He had to fill in for Steve as Ernie for Season Two of PWMS... or, maybe Artie perhaps?
John is completely available. He isn't doing things on Broadway right now. He preformed a new Muppet named Brandies:
. IMO, they should stick with Steve.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Well, keep in mind, that was taped almost two years ago. And just 'cause he's not in a Broadway show doesn't mean he's not doing other things.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Well, keep in mind, that was taped almost two years ago. And just 'cause he's not in a Broadway show doesn't mean he's not doing other things.
You have a point. Still, I haven't seen him do anything else for quite a while.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So, wait a Sesame intern is posting photos of unreleased material? I don't know about the rules now, but when I interned for Henson in college (back in 1999), I had to sign confidentiality agreements about anything we saw, heard, worked on etc. that COULD NOT be released.
Maybe Henson and SW have different policies involving what their interns can do. Also, who's to say that intern didn't have permission from SW?

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i love ernie too :stick_out_tongue: just wish he got in on a street story or two per season and also would love too just see the puppet in a song or a street scene as a background character and be there for more then 5 to 10 seconds with bert also

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Maybe Henson and SW have different policies involving what their interns can do. Also, who's to say that intern didn't have permission from SW?
Well, that's why I said, maybe the intern got permission in my last post.