Should other Muppets appear in Bert & Ernie's Great Adventures?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I recently saw the "Wizards" episode of Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures, which featured Elmo, and it actually is one of the best in the series. I don't know if Elmo has made any additional appearances or not, but it got me thinking: Should any other Muppet characters besides Bert and Ernie appear in clay form in these segments?

I know that a lot of the classic Bert and Ernie sketches usually featured them, and sometimes additional Anything Muppets, but there are also occasions when other familiar characters appeared (and I'm just referring to the sketches starring them, not ensemble cast segments like the pageants or times when one of them appeared without the other). But many of those classics took place in a small set, and the scenes were probably limited by the number of puppeteers available, but in clay animation they don't need to worry about how many puppeteers can be there, or even about whether a performer has multiple characters in the same scene.

Since Eric Jacobson is already there to record Bert's voice, they very well could include Grover in some of them (Grover might have worked better than Elmo in the Wizards episode). Jerry Nelson doesn't operate puppets anymore, so why not try to get him to record voices for these segments? Steve Whitmire is also available for the segments, but I doubt they'll put Dr. Feel in clay animated form (and they most likely won't try to get permission to make a clay animated Kermit).

And they could include clay versions of Bruno, Sam the Robot, and other non-Anything Muppet characters who would be too expensive to rebuild.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Uh... I think they're completely done with Ernie and Bert claymation segments. They're all animated, aren't they? Unless they decide to make more, it's a moot point.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Uh... I think they're completely done with Ernie and Bert claymation segments. They're all animated, aren't they? Unless they decide to make more, it's a moot point.
Has there been any kind of official announcement made that they have stopped production of the skits? Because I haven't heard anything, though I guess they don't really need to make any new segments for next season, as there are plenty that haven't aired as part of Sesame Street.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I would like to see Abby appear in it. If it's the only way they can get Ernie to interact with Abby.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Bring in Oscar, my favorite SS character. :grouchy:

Or even a cameo appearance by the Count with Jerry as the role, when the boys take care of his castle for a few hours. :batty:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Hmm- I can't imagine that Ernie wouldn't interact with Abby eventually. Interesting. I'm up for whoever they might want to bring into Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures- though at the same time, it also seems that these claymation episodes focus on just them mainly, so guest stars like Elmo should probably be pretty limited.:stick_out_tongue::frown: