Should Prairie Dawn get more respect?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
She have always played second banana to Cookie or Grover, produced the Sesame Street plays, and have been on of the shows leading feamale muppets since she first appeared within the 70s.

Yet, she is still overshadowed by Elmo, and Big Bird and the rest, despite everything she been through over the past 39 years on the show.

So I ask you all, should Pairie Dawn get a little bit more respect that she deserves ?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I say she's been appearing a lot mroe recently, but the still don't reconize her as a main charcacter. Take the end of Elmo's Christmas Countdown, she appeared in the group with the rest of the main cast.

Drtooth

Reaction score
She suffers from Porky Pig syndrome.... She used to be able to make it by herself as a character (though I don't have any specific examples), but now she's playing as the straight person in every skit. Much like Porky Pig, she actually is more interresting that way. There's nothing wrong with being the straight person in a skit. Look at Bert and Mr. Johnson/Fat Blue... both characters are what they are because they're straightmen.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
She suffers from Porky Pig syndrome.... She used to be able to make it by herself as a character (though I don't have any specific examples), but now she's playing as the straight person in every skit. Much like Porky Pig, she actually is more interresting that way. There's nothing wrong with being the straight person in a skit. Look at Bert and Mr. Johnson/Fat Blue... both characters are what they are because they're straightmen.

But isn't :frown: more famous due to his skits with :stick_out_tongue: ?

muppetcrazy36

Reaction score
totaly! shes always a "side charector"! it makes me mad! she just as awsome as the others.:cool:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
She has held her own all theses years because she can do it "All By Her Self":wink:

SSLFan

Reaction score
Prairie Dawn as to be one of the most underappeciated SS muppets, right there with Telly. Will she eventually have her own fanbase? Will have to wait and see....

I for one, love Prairie Dawn.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I like Prairie Dawn, but I have always been more of a fan of Betty Lou :smile:. Now she's the one that needs help IMHO :smile: