shouldn't the muppets past work be on TV by now?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Disney is trying to put the muppets back into the public. There have been a lot of new muppet productions announced, and the muppets have frequently been on television lately. However, shouldn't Disney have tried to put some past muppet productions on television by now?

After all, Disney owns The Disney Channel, ABC Family, and Toon Disney. Muppet babies coudl be shown on Toon Disney or on The Disney Channels Playhouse Disney line-up. The Muppet Show reruns should be shown on The Disney Channel or ABC Family. Disney should try to work out a way to broadcast reruns of The Jim Henson Hour and Muppets Tonight, maybe once a week or once every two weeks. Same with Little Muppet Monsters. Disney should also have a special programming block for Muppet specials.

Since buying the Muppets, I know that at least some of the movies have been shown on television, but those are widely availible and easy to find. Disney shoudl have had a marathon of The Muppet Show and other muppet productions (such as The Muppets Go To The Movies) to promote the premier of The Muppets Wizard of Oz. A TMS marathon should have been broadcast to promote the release of The Muppet Show: Season One. And I thought that The Muppets Wizard of Oz was supposed to have frequent showings on cable throughout the summer. When has it been shown?

I know that reruns ofThe Muppet Show (and also the first half of The Jim Henson Hour and Muppets Tongiht, in the same time slot) have been shown on some canadian channel, but why not America?

I think that Disney needs to get it's act together and start broadcasting some previously-produced muppet productions.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Here here!

I also think they need to get off of the T.V. and onto the big screen again. That is much needed.

rexcrk

Reaction score
It would be great if the Muppet Show was on Disney Channel! Then I'd have a reason to watch it other than when they play the occasional movie that I like but don't own (which is very rarely!!!)

I used to watch House of Mouse when I got home from school a couple years ago but now it's on at a different time :sympathy: