1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Sideshow Muppet busts are finally released!

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by frogboy4, May 16, 2002.

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Go to http://www.sideshowtoy.com/muppets

Series one will contain Kermit, Rowlf, Beaker and Bunsen at $50-60 each. I'm going to be so poor. These are scheduled to be released October/November.

Series two will contain Statler (not yet pictured but you can find him in the group shot), Waldorf, Sam and Gonzo (my fave, though his nose still looks too blue on the prototype). These will come out later.
  2. Jara19

Jara19 New Member

I really want these, especially Rowlf but they are a bit to much.
  3. Dr_Bunsen

Dr_Bunsen New Member

I think they are all great, with the possible exception of Gonzo. If they made his nose slightly more grey, perhaps that would be it?
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It's strange because if you look at the other version of Gonzo in the Toy Fair photos, the color looks a lot closer to the original. They are still prototypes, but I find it strange that they are going in the opposite direction in making Gonzo's nose blue-er.
  5. Luke

Luke Active Member

For international people there is a local distributors list at :- http://sideshowtoy.com/interdist.html

I like em, and i think $50 is about the right price point. I like the actual busts but i'm not too happy with the bases - the sandy color looks very boring and doesnt really 'work' with some of the character colors.

Also has anybody heard anything more about the new Ltd Edition Muppet Show watches coming out ? I want one !
  6. MuppetQuilter

MuppetQuilter Member

I'm so excited! These look stunning.

There are a number of web stores carrying the busts-- all the ones I've checked still say prices are TBA, which makes sense as Sideshow/WETA just announced MSR-- as prices start showing up, how about we post the lowest prices we can find? That way we can help each other out and find the best deal possible....
  7. Lu775

Lu775 Member

8. Muppeholic

Muppeholic New Member

I agree with MuppetQuilter. I think if we all keep an eye out for the best price it'll help.

I know I'd love to have them all but at $50-60 a piece . . . Well, I just can't afford that. ::sigh::
  9. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Sweet!

I think $50-60 is just right. I pay for quality. If they were any cheaper, we'd be getting a cheaper product. Simple as that.

It's too bad that three of the four in Series 1 are the same characters in the first series in the Palisades line. It would have been nice to get some other characters first, but that's a minor complaint. These things are gorgeous.
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I was thinking the same thing, but we do get Rowlf in series one! He's one of the best and I'm sure wave one will do really well! I was hoping for Gonzo or Scooter in the first wave. And I'm still curous what Animal will look like. All that hair is difficult to sculpt.
  11. Chad Kermit

Chad Kermit New Member

Hi guys,

I will be selling them through my business and have pre-ordered the entire series to sell. I plan on selling them less to Muppet Fans through Muppet Central than on my website when i get it up and running. Depending on how many people show a serious interests I may have to adjust my order.

Thanks
    Chad
  12. MuppetQuilter

MuppetQuilter Member

Chad Kermit--

Do you have a web site up? How do MCers show an interest? Do you have an idea what your pricing will be?

In general--

Third Zone is offering a subscription (you subcribe and are automatically sent-- and charged-- for each series) for the Busts at 15% off average retail. Not sure how that works-- personally I'd be more comfortable with 15% off MSR as average retail could end up a bit higher depending on mark-up. Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.thirdzone.com/Subs/MUPTMBSUB.html

I haven't seen any other actual pricing listed yet.
  13. Chad Kermit

Chad Kermit New Member

Hi,

I would be able to give 20% to MC people off each series. So a person who ordered series one would get 20% off each figure in that series. Individual figure orders would be at 15% off. Shipping and insurance charges would be additional. For people in the Boston/Cambridge MA area you could arrange to pick up to save on shipping.

This is what the retail prices of series one look like:
    Kermit $55
    Bunsen $60
    Beaker $65
    Rowlf $60

To reserve a full set of series one, I would need a deposit of 25% of the total by early September and the balance once they arrive in October/November.

Let me know what you think and if you have any questions.

Thanks
    Chad