Sideshow Muppet busts are finally released!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Go to http://www.sideshowtoy.com/muppets

Series one will contain Kermit, Rowlf, Beaker and Bunsen at $50-60 each. I'm going to be so poor. These are scheduled to be released October/November.

Series two will contain Statler (not yet pictured but you can find him in the group shot), Waldorf, Sam and Gonzo (my fave, though his nose still looks too blue on the prototype). These will come out later.

Jara19

Reaction score
I really want these, especially Rowlf but they are a bit to much.

Dr_Bunsen

Reaction score
I think they are all great, with the possible exception of Gonzo. If they made his nose slightly more grey, perhaps that would be it?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It's strange because if you look at the other version of Gonzo in the Toy Fair photos, the color looks a lot closer to the original. They are still prototypes, but I find it strange that they are going in the opposite direction in making Gonzo's nose blue-er.

Luke

Reaction score
For international people there is a local distributors list at :- http://sideshowtoy.com/interdist.html

I like em, and i think $50 is about the right price point. I like the actual busts but i'm not too happy with the bases - the sandy color looks very boring and doesnt really 'work' with some of the character colors.

Also has anybody heard anything more about the new Ltd Edition Muppet Show watches coming out ? I want one !

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
I'm so excited! These look stunning.

There are a number of web stores carrying the busts-- all the ones I've checked still say prices are TBA, which makes sense as Sideshow/WETA just announced MSR-- as prices start showing up, how about we post the lowest prices we can find? That way we can help each other out and find the best deal possible....

Muppeholic

Reaction score
I agree with MuppetQuilter. I think if we all keep an eye out for the best price it'll help.

I know I'd love to have them all but at $50-60 a piece . . . Well, I just can't afford that. ::sigh::

scarecroe

Reaction score
Sweet!

I think $50-60 is just right. I pay for quality. If they were any cheaper, we'd be getting a cheaper product. Simple as that.

It's too bad that three of the four in Series 1 are the same characters in the first series in the Palisades line. It would have been nice to get some other characters first, but that's a minor complaint. These things are gorgeous.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing, but we do get Rowlf in series one! He's one of the best and I'm sure wave one will do really well! I was hoping for Gonzo or Scooter in the first wave. And I'm still curous what Animal will look like. All that hair is difficult to sculpt.