Signs the World IS Coming to an End in 2012

charlietheowl

Reaction score
For goodness sakes, what kind of world do we live in if the Annoying Orange can get its own television show and the Muppets can't! I know Cartoon Network has a very spotty track record of late, but I thought shows like Regular Show and Adventure Time (I'm not a huge fan, but I can get why people like it) had indicated they turned a corner. Guess not. And I know Nick gave Fred his own movie a few years ago, but I thought it got drilled critically. Again, guess not.

On a related note, anything you guys think I should put in my end-of-the-world 2012 doomsday kit, aside from non-annoying citrus fruit?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Somehow I knew the Fred series was inevitable, given that he has guest starred on ICarly and had two movies. But Annoying Orange? I find talking fruits with superimposed human faces rather frightening more than annoying :embarrassed:

KirbTreelo05

Reaction score
LOL! xD The Annoying Orange on CN? Wow...Didn't see that coming. (Or the Fred series. But I should have since they made those movies.) I kinda like The Annoying Orange, I haven't been keeping up with it as of late, but...I'm not sure how I feel about this... ._. Especially as a half-hour series.

It really feels like Nick is milking it with the Fred stuff...Ah well, I hope both shows will at least be alright instead of trying so hard that they fail miserably.

Reactions: mo

Drtooth

Reaction score
If there's ONE internet thing that deserves it's own cartoon, it's Homestar Runner... but that's pretty much dead now. I really REALLY miss seeing a new cartoon ever so often... now they haven't done anything since Christmas 2010, and they haven't done anything for almost a year before that.

Annoying Orange isn't funny. It's a cheap photo gimmick that just... it just sucks. Johnny Test isn't the best cartoon in the world, and the show really slid downhill in quality since the Cookie Jar take over of the license (Used to be Warner Bros.) and the flash animation revamp... but at least it's a show with a decent enough premise.

AO is just... sure, it works as a crappy internet thing....and barely then.

I don't see why Nick's bothering with Fred. No one CARES about Fred anymore. I see that "movie" he made just sit around and gather dust. Nick is in FAR worse shape than CN, IMO... They don't want to give any of their cartoons that aren't spinoffs of Dreamworks movies or Spongebob... The marketing for all of them has been atrocious. Even Catscratch and El Tigre got Happy Meal promotions just before they were canceled, never to be seen again... they only care about LOUSY Disney Channel-esque tween drama sitcoms with musical recording artist stars... I completely live in fear that TMNT will crash under them.

mo

Reaction score
LOL! xD The Annoying Orange on CN? Wow...Didn't see that coming. (Or the Fred series. But I should have since they made those movies.) I kinda like The Annoying Orange, I haven't been keeping up with it as of late, but...I'm not sure how I feel about this... ._. Especially as a half-hour series.

It really feels like Nick is milking it with the Fred stuff...Ah well, I hope both shows will at least be alright instead of trying so hard that they fail miserably.
i never really liked AO but to be quite honest i'd choose it over yo gabba gabba any day!

KirbTreelo05

Reaction score
If there's ONE internet thing that deserves it's own cartoon, it's Homestar Runner... but that's pretty much dead now.
Oh my gosh...what's wrong with me?! I completely forgot about Homestar Runner! >_< I stopped keeping track of that one too while I was waiting for more content to show up...It's a shame they stopped. :frown:

Even Catscratch and El Tigre got Happy Meal promotions just before they were canceled, never to be seen again...
I still can't get over Catscratch's cancellation...They hardly gave the show a chance! As for El Tigre, I wasn't really into it from the start, but I was waiting for the show to progress to see if I'd like it better.

i never really liked AO but to be quite honest i'd choose it over yo gabba gabba any day!
xD

Drtooth

Reaction score
I still can't get over Catscratch's cancellation...They hardly gave the show a chance! As for El Tigre, I wasn't really into it from the start, but I was waiting for the show to progress to see if I'd like it better.
They won't be satisfied until they get another Spongebob level hit, even though Spongebob wasn't exactly all that popular when it first premiered. But now they're just piling on crappy Disney Channel ripoffs ontop of each other, none of which is remarkable or even easily differentiated between. Yeah, Catscratch didn't even get a legitimate chance. It was a great show with a LOT of big talent behind it, and they just junked the thing because it wasn't Spongebob, or one of their insipid iCarly type shows.

Yorick

Reaction score
I agree that Homestar Runner could be a great show. I like the stuff they do (or did/will hopefully do again) on the site. Whether it would change in a less than great way if it made it's way to TV, who knows.

And yes, Catscratch was great! That stinks it was taken off the air. I feel the same way about the cartoon Viva Piñata! I can share one story (only 10 minutes) I found on youtube, and man, it's hilarious! Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzq3W172fZI