Silly things you said, did, or thought as a kid

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
When I got babysat by my grandparents. They didn't have any dolls for me to play with. They had this shoebox filled with crayons and I use to play school with them. Some crayons were teachers. While others were students. I use to roll the students crayons over the floor when I was pretending that they were riding a bus.
I used to do the teacher/school thing with the canned goods (veggies, etc.) that my dad brought home from the store. I'd sit on the kitchen floor and the biggest can (sweet potatoes, it was, one time) was the teacher, leading the rest of the can students onto the bus.

My mom always made me ask my dad permission first when I wanted to "play cans".

Hubert

Reaction score
I used to do the teacher/school thing with the canned goods (veggies, etc.) that my dad brought home from the store. I'd sit on the kitchen floor and the biggest can (sweet potatoes, it was, one time) was the teacher, leading the rest of the can students onto the bus.

My mom always made me ask my dad permission first when I wanted to "play cans".
I also did something similar to that once or twice...I don't know why, I guess I was bored with my actual toys, so I took some cans from the kitchen, brought them into the living room and just played with them...

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I used to like to play grocery store with the cans and boxes from the pantry when I was little. I would make my mother "buy" stuff until she had to cook with it, haha.

Hubert

Reaction score
Reminds me, I used to play store with my dad a lot. We would gather all kinds of items from around the house and put them on display in our living room, and then we would take turns walking in and pretending to be a customer...the pain of course, was cleaning up...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When I was like two and three, I actually thought a secret was something you were SUPPOSED to share with other people.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
When I was about 4, and we were staying at my maternal grandparents' house, my mom was helping my grandma make dinner (spaghetti, I believe) and she was working with some raw ground beef on the cutting board. Now, far cry from my being an animal rights vegan chick now, I love my mom's meat sauce as a kid. So I picked a piece of raw meat off of the cutting board and, well, three guesses as to what I did with it...

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
When I was in elementary school I used to think a lot of things...
Like for one, I used to think that I was a cartoon character and used to go around telling everyone about me being a cartoon and such.
I also thought I was a famous baseball player, a fighter pilot in WWII, a famous actor, a famous musician and a video game character.
But, I've grown out of that phase now....It stinks to get older.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
Playing store with groceries! Oh wow I'd totally forgotten that. I can one-up you though...mine was HOOPER'S store! Built out of a pillow fort!

--------------