Silly things you said, did, or thought as a kid

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
You know how TV Tropes has that page about One Mario Limit? Well, as a little kid, I took that literally and seriously. I remember my community had a small, local pizzaria called Mario's Pizza . . . and I literally thought the owner of the joint was the real Mario . . . I think I even drew a picture for him of him stomping on some Goombas and collecting some big-ups and 1-ups.
Haha, that's cute! What's even funnier is that I was reading about that very trope earlier today!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Okay so here's another silly thing I once did.

When I was at camp at the one stop fun gym outside near the pool, I poured water on some girls' feet while they were sticking them out from under a slide. I got in alot of trouble. :stick_out_tongue:

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought this, but when I was very young, I used to think the whole world was in black and white before the 60's.

And speaking of, I also used to think that everyone was a hippie back in the 60's, not realizing that hippies were just a certain group of people.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I have something awful to confess that I've been meaning to get off my chest for a while now. While I was really little, wait for it.........I didn't like Shrek :eek:.
Okay, in my defense it wasn't just Shrek but I had an aversion to CGI in general back then. I was used to the classic Disney style animation and wasn't a big fan of CGI for that reason. But because Shrek was the first CGI film I remember seeing, I specifically remember disliking the film when it first came out. It wasn't until I was in 2nd Grade that I finally watched the film all the way through (if anything so I could understand the multitude of Shrek quotes my family and friends would constantly throw out) and after I got done watching it my reaction was much akin to Peter Griffin after drinking his first redbull,
Just kidding but it was a definite,
"That movie was amazing!" reaction. So from then on, I didn't judge a movie just because it was CGI and began to warm up to that medium of animation I once despised.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I used to actually like the awful live-action Garfield movie when I was younger. I know, how silly was I. It's funny how much your tastes can change as you get older.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
why do people insult themselves for liking something universally hated? who cares if you find enjoyment in something? just because something is universally hated doesn't mean its bad either.

i dunno...its something that's always baffled me

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I was not insulting myself. I just don't like the movie anymore and I think it's kinda silly that I used to like it so much. That's all.