Sing yourself sillier at the movies

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
i'm 14 and I have Sing Yourself Silly/sillier @ the movies, The Best Of Ernie & Bert, Rock & Roll, Count It Higher, Telling The Truth, Sing Hoot & Howl, Chrismas Eve On Sesame Street, and i had the 25th Birthday tape but i lost it. and i'm dying to get The Alphabet Game but its out of print.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I have to agree. I remember those "Sneak Peek Previews" and "Ask Oscar." Are there anymore Telly/Oscar sketches on the show these days? I remember something about a recent episode were they were going to go on a road trip together or something.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Daffyfan2003
I have to agree. I remember those "Sneak Peek Previews" and "Ask Oscar." Are there anymore Telly/Oscar sketches on the show these days? I remember something about a recent episode were they were going to go on a road trip together or something.
I can't think of any... however, I have seen (and even taped) the on the road episode. With a lot of Klunkers this season, that episode was BRILLIANT!! It was one of my favorites.

Man, no one ever gets the chemstry of Oscar and Telly. Baby Bear and Telly are pretty good, but no where NEAR as fun as Tell with Oscar!

BTW, I only have 2 Sesame videos... This one and the 25th anniversary.

I wanted to get more, but the ones I want are either out of print, or hard to find.

The new ones they release are just those "Elmo's World" ones... donm't care too much for the compilation tapoes. I do want to see an original one though. I liked the Christmas/Holidays one, I saw it on TV, and iot was pretty good!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I can't think of any... however, I have seen (and even taped) the on the road episode. With a lot of Klunkers this season, that episode was BRILLIANT!! It was one of my favorites.
Could you describe what happened? I'm still a bit embarassed to watch it in a college dorm. Also, how long do the main plots of the show last this season. I'd imagine they wouldn't be very long, because they have to make room for all the new segments.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'll have to make this breif, but here goes:

Firstly, after taping it, I calculated the "On the street" segments as 16 minutse long, now (Kinda short)

Anyway, the basic plot is that Oscar is going to Porkipsie (sp?) to visit his friend Roscoe. It's his birthday, and he likes to go and sneak up behind him and yell surprise. Needless to say, Roscoe hates it.

Oscar: Okay.. I got my sardines, I got my lemons, I got my chocolate sauce. ZThere's just ONE more thing I need! (Telly then walks up) Hello one more thing I need.

Oscar asks Telly to join him on the trip, and Telly declines because he wanted to go to the national trianlge galerie to see the new exhibit. Oscar turns on the radio to entice Telly, and it plays "Let's go driving in an automobile" and Telly decides to go.

On the way he has to stop at Hoopers to Pick up more sardines, Chocolate sauce and lemons ("You're not on that new Grouch diet, are you? Replies Allan). There is a little cameo with the two headed Monster.

Then he has to pick up slimey and put him in his worm seat.

Then finally he has to go to the Mail it shop to pick up mail.

"Well Oscar! I got your lemons, I got your sardines, but I am not getting your mail"

He does. Throughout the whole thing, Oscar keeps enticing Telly over and over with the same song, sung many different ways.

At the end, they're about to take the trip, but all of the sudden Roscoe pops up behind Oscaar (he was hiding under the chocolate sauce) and yells Surprise HIMSELF!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Thanks for the summary. That seems like a bit of a switch between the two characters. I remember that, it was usually Telly trying to get Oscar to do things he didn't want to do. Why did Oscar want Telly to go anyway? He's usually always telling him to get lost. I guess Oscar is finally starting to get soft. Lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2003
Why did Oscar want Telly to go anyway? He's usually always telling him to get lost. I guess Oscar is finally starting to get soft. Lol.
One word, and one word only...RRRRRRRRREVENGE!!!!!!

LOL

Actually, he needed someone to keep pushing the car and to agravate, or it wouldn't be a GROUCH road trip. Plus, you know Oscar, he pushes people away, sure, but deep down Big Bird, Telly, Maria..etc. are his friends, and Car trips can get lonely!

Hays

Reaction score
OK, I hope this isn't redundenant....

Just found a copy of "Sing Yourself Silly," and it's rapidly becoming one of my favorites. What a terrific video! It's almost all Muppets and animation, and there's no weird setup; some muppet just appears and makes a comment between clips!

And - best of all, for those of you who've been missing him, it has a COMPLETE sketch with DON MUSIC and KERMIT!!! Yaay!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Which one was it? His "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" or shall I say "Whistle, Whistle Little Bird" is at the SSLA. And I heard "Mary Had a Bicycle" on Muppet Central Radio yesterday. Was it either one of those? Just wondering.