Skits in Engligh and Spanish

paulyw

Reaction score
:zany: I remember back in the 70s and 80s they will have skits both in English and Spanich. For an example a girl puppet will talk about the number 11, and draw it on the board, and after that skit, then it would be the same skit with same puppet, but in Spanish. I miss that.:grouchy:

paulyw

Reaction score
I am still kind of new at this, I have been putting in incorrect icons on some of the posts. :frown:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
A few more bilingual gems

There are two that come to mind (probably more)
1) Four Anything Muppets giving four big cheers for the number 4.
The English version has them cheering "Hip Hip Hooray!"
The Spanish dub goes "'Ip Ip Hoorah!" Hey, it's the best they can do.

2) Grover, Herry, and a little pink monster (named Billy, I believe, performed by Fran Brill) showing they are three monsters. No matter how they pose, there's still three of them. Until the end when they get tired from all their running around and faint. "No monsters! UUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHH!!!"
Spanish translation: Tres monstros.

3) Some of the Jazzy Spies cartoons were dubbed in Spanish too.
And if you can recognize the number in question, you can follow along.

Soul H

Reaction score
Another skit that was in both english and spanish was the song "Salida".

Not to mention the meditator with 20 fingers.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
There's a cartoon I remember that I think was from the 90's,not sure,and it was a counting cartoon from 1-10.Each number showed a different object in that same number ofcourse,and they would all go into boxes after the countdown to 10,then would go backwords with the boxes dissapearing after they've been counted and right when they got to one,which was a banana,the box zoomed in and showed the banana being eaten out of thin air than in the upper left hand corner there would be a zero.Does that sound familiar to anyone?

Cookie fan

Reaction score
I loved the Me/Yo song, it was on youtube but I haven't seen it in a while now.

Maria sang a cool song with counting in Spanish from 1 to 10 in the 80's, really catchy tune. "uno, dos, tres..cuatro..cinco..seis"

I also remember some fruits on a table singing in Spanish and English, probably late 70's, it went something like "Pera is Pear, and Platano-Banana, Pineapple is Pina, and Apple is Mansana."

LincolnHeights

Reaction score
Ahhhhh this is also one of my favorite past memories about Sesame Street, that they don't do anymore. I remember several skits that were shown in both English and Spanish in the same episode.

Like the skit where that guy is counting 8 stars in the sky before he goes to bed, then he lays down and counts 8 sheep.

A skit from the first season, where an anything Muppet Boy, with poofy brown hair talks about forwards and backwards, and he keeps getting trampled over by a group of anything Muppets (including the original Grover) both forward and backward.

An animation where Luis counts 3 Blackbirds, had both an English and Spanish version.

The animation S snake, where the snake plays the bagpipe.

L Light animation where the guy turns on the light and in the square there's a guy laying down and he gets up and says something like "Hey, turn off that light!" was done in both English and Spanish

The animation with the letter A and that guy stacks up a bunch of stuff that begin with A, and the pile of stuff falls over and he shouts, A is also for Avalanche, then everything falls on top of him and he says "and also, Ambulance" and he gets taken away in an Ambulance truck.

I remember 1-20 animation with the Arabian guy, was also seen in Spanish.

There was a spanish version of that face that used to introduce himself by saying "I have a mind, my mind helps me, with everything I do or......... see!" I think it was the one with the windup toy that bit his finger that had a Spanish version.

jisforjump

Reaction score
Spanish clips

I know that there were a few clips from Sesame Street that they played on Plaza Sesamo (and they changed it to Spanish ,from English.), like Skin, I Believe in Little Things, and Inside Story