Slackbot's text sketchbook

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm, a piece of good nice fic, just what I've been needing. Really like the interaction between Boober and Sage. Thanks for sharing.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Thanks, Count. I've had a number of Boober & Sage scenes in my mind. They're very close, but I think the only fic in which I used that was Red Versus Blue. This is a pretty typical domestic scene with them, except of course for Sidebottom's inclusion.

I forgot to mention in the original post that this takes place after Trials and Tintinnabulations, in which an epidemic swept through Fraggle Rock. In fact, this fic contains spoilers for it, so if you haven't read it before now, sorry 'bout that.

I'll post an illustration for this story in the next day or two.

Does the Fraggle wool idea creep anyone out?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Fraggle wool creeping anyone out?
No moreso than the notion of them embewing(?) sock puppets with a persona of their own individuality. :smirk:

*Wonders if Fraggle wool would mean the reinstitution of the Doozer knitting guild to craft a new mass of Phneeds.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Hey, sock puppetry is no more and no less freaky than doll wiggling. When Boober's jester puppet kept acting up in The Incredible Shrinking Mokey I of course thought that it was Sidebottom acting bratty, and that led to the idea of letting him out in puppet form, which would be a lot more acceptable to Boober than letting him take over his body. Which isn't what Sidebottom wants anyway.

I figure that every spring, with all those Fraggles shedding their winter pelts, the caves must be choked with technicolor tumbleweeds of Fraggle fur. Unlike the Once-ler, Fraggles are pretty good at living in harmony with their environment and using what they have wisely, and it just seemed common sense to put that fur to good use. One of Janken's possessions is a kit scarf made of various colors, a gift from the rest of his family. I wonder if he'll ever explain that to Scooter? "You know how some people keep a lock of hair in a locket? Well..."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:laugh: And on reaching that milestone...
*Hands Slackbot her MC Kermit The Frog badge with her name in silver lettering on the collar points.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Wow, thanks! Does this mean I'm one of the cool kids now?

Probably not; that'd be a work of alchemy.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, though you've always been cool. We used to give the badges out upon the 1000 post mark cause that changed your status title from Member to Senior Member. We also used to have an SM only hottub complex that got shut down back in 2004. Mmm, memories.
:dreamy:

Slackbot

Reaction score
I'm not cool, I'm just cold. So cold that that hottub sounds really good now. Alas, the only hottub I see in my future is in my bathroom, if I don't use the cold water.