Sleeping Beauty DVD

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Scott is on THE nose

Yep, I saw that at The Laughing Place, and this is WONDERFUL news...

but...

it still won't have everything that the UK double-disc release does. Thanks to Master Alex, I have that, and it is AWEsome!!! :big_grin:

It will have most of what's on the UK one, though. :smile:

scarecroe

Reaction score
I got the release date and special features about a month ago, but I keep forgetting to post. All the specs haven't been announced yet, so it might yet have all the same stuff as the UK and France releases. I do like thier covers better. I'm just glad we're getting a 2-disc set!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I don't know, I saw those same specs at the LP...but yeah, good thing it's an "honorary Platinum" release!!! :big_grin:

scarecroe

Reaction score
Yeah, the other reports I've been reading list all the same stuff, "plus much more," so hopefully that will account for much of the same stuff that the various R2 releases got.

petula

Reaction score
I'm surprised they're not releasing the full-screen version first, and then the widescreen version a month later, after everyone's already bought the full-screen.

*still grumbling 6 years later about the two sleeping beauty videos*

wolfy

Reaction score
While I hadn't heard about Sleeping Beauty, I do know that this is the 50th Anniversary of "Peter Pan," so they should do something special about that, shouldn't they?

I mean, besides try and make a new movie...
wolfy

scarecroe

Reaction score
Peter Pan was one of the first Disney animated classics released on DVD as one of eleven in their very first batch of "test" releases in the fall of 1999. It was a bare-bones release.

Last year a special edition was released with featurettes, commentary, games, a storybook and DVD-ROM content :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
WOOOh... for a second I thought it was going to be Sleeping Beauty 2....

"I am the second cousin twice removed from the witch that put a spell on Aurora. Now I shall put a similar spell on he awkward teenaged Daughter....!!!"

Oh SHHHHHHHHHHHoooot!

(Slinks away quietly... hopes Disney Doesn't read it!)