"Sleeping Beauty" to awaken soon!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Hey Disney fans, the 1959 classic "Sleeping Beauty" is set to wake up in stores on video and DVD in less than two weeks!! September 7th, baby!

Which seems appropriate, cause that's the month I first rented the video in my adult years, and the month in which it was released to home video in 1997...unconventionally cool. :cool:

:big_grin: :flirt:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
Hey Disney fans, the 1959 classic "Sleeping Beauty" is set to wake up in stores on video and DVD in less than two weeks!! September 7th, baby!

Which seems appropriate, cause that's the month I first rented the video in my adult years, and the month in which it was released to home video in 1997...unconventionally cool. :cool:

That's really cool that the date worked out like that! :smile: My Disney collection is in major need of an update. I own far less on video than I want to, and now with DVDs... jeepers, I think the only one I have on DVD is Pete's Dragon (good one to have, though :wink: )! Oh, and Piglet's Big Movie, but they're not really in the same league... not remotely... I had SB on a tape from TV for a long time and my brother threw it out while I was out of town a few years ago, along with all my other self-taped Disney movies. So now that Maleficent no longer gives me nightmares, time to get that DVD!!!
Erin

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
It's coming out here in Australia too, on video on DVD.
September is the best month of course! its the month I was born in!
lol, there are better reasons than that. :smile:

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:

This is so cool! I knew it was coming out soon but I didn't think that it would be this soon!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!

I hope the extras are awesome. I love that movie.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Dr. Bombay said:
I hope the extras are awesome. I love that movie.
Well, they're about "75% awesome", lol. It won't have all the extras that the UK release does (which I can play on muh 'puter), but it will have most of 'em!

:smile:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I just saw not one, but two different TV ads for the SB DVD set---WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! :big_grin: :flirt: :big_grin:

:zany:

Miss_Beaker

Reaction score
1959? God, I didn't realise it was made then! It just goes to show - the old ones are the best!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Yes, Miss_Beaker---you have terrific taste!

Really!

You do!

:big_grin:

:wink:

And yup, it was released in 1959...January 29th, to be exact. And it was in production for nearly 10 years, at a cost of $6!! :eek:

But it was, like, rully worth it!! :flirt:

:big_grin: