Slimey question...

superfan

Reaction score
I asked this in a previous post, but it was never answered. That's cool...I'll just ask it again:

Who does Slimey's voice and when did the cute little invertabrate start talking?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
why don't you simply revive the post instead of asking the question again? Also if somebody knows they'rll tell you.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Martin P. Robison performs Slimey. The first time I heard Slimey speak was in the episode where Slimey returned from the moon. He might have spoken before that, but I don't know for sure.

In 1985, Golden Book Home Video released two Sesame Street videos with various Sesame Street storybooks made with limited animation, and one story that was included was The City Worm and The Country Worm. Slimey spoke full sentences in that story (although in the video version he was called Squirmy). He was obviously not voiced by Martin P. Robinson in that video, but I don't know who did his voice.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I remember seeing that video. I think that's weird that they would change Slimey's name for that. I guess they were trying to reduce licensing costs.

I'm assuming Slimey's voice now is a sped up version of Marty's voice.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
i never headr him talk ?
In the episode where Slimy comes back from the moon, at the end, Oscar gets Slimey ready for bed. Oscar says, "I missed you, Slimey", and Slimey says "I missed you, too". Oscar then asked Slimey what he wanted to do tomorrow, and Slimey said, "I want to go to mars".

Slimey also makes a lot of noises inthe Trash Gordon segments.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think form the time he started talking, it was just a gradual build up. At first is was just littlt noises, then he night say a word of to every now and then, then he began the start saying more words and even some short sentences and things like that.

superfan

Reaction score
Okay, that clears things up quite nicely, thanks guys!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Way back when Richard Hunt was still alive, and he performed Slimey, he never spoke, although one time he did roar like a lion. Don't ask me on the circumstances surrounding that, but that's what happened.

I think it's great to add a little more depth to his character by letting him speak. Good for him!