"Sloppin' the Hog" song

beakman

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone at this forum can answer this little piece of trivia I have. Today I had a flashback to 30 years ago, when was a little kid. I saw a TV skit with a muppet farmer singing a song about "Sloppin' the Hog", and I remember thinking it was the funniest thing I'd ever seen. I remember a pig in the background, and a little bit of the chorus, and that's about it. I have zero idea what triggered this memory, but now these little memories are engrained in my brain, and I'm compelled to find the whole song!

Was this a Muppets or Sesame Street song, or something else? I remember it being a full length song, but I can't seem to find any references to it anywhere.

Any leads will help, thanks!

Katzi428

Reaction score
Hi beakman,
First of all,welcome to Muppet Central.:smile:
Second....the "Slop the Hog" wass on "The Electric Company".

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the craziness here at MC Beakman. Hmmm, seeing as how Kath has the Electric Company DVD set, her answer might be valid. Wouldn't know myself cause I don't have it.
But another thing I thought of was... Might you be refering to the song "Put Another Log On The Fire" sung by the Jim Henson Farmer #1 in the Candace Berghan TMS episode?
If not, sorry... But I hope this helps and you have fun exploring the rest of the site.

ILuVERNIE

Reaction score
I'm not too sure... but welcome to the forum!!

beakman

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the welcome and information. I'll check out some of the Electric Company DVD offerings for my own daughter - maybe I'll get lucky and see "Slop the hog!"