SNL DVD: Gorch resurrected?

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I don't know if this is old news or what, but I just saw that they're releasing Saturday Night Live: The First Five Years on DVD. Now, assuming this is an uncut and complete collection, theoretically, ALL the Gorch skecthes should be included. This would make the DVD a real find not only for SNL fans but for Muppet fans as well. I'm sure there's info as to what's all included on this DVD somewhere online, but this is all I have on my end for anyone who's interested.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
As far as I know, this is a DVD release of a television special about the first five years of SNL, not complete episodes from each season, so even if the muppet sketches were included, it wouldn't be every sketch. :frown:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I just watched this on tv about an hour ago, not a single mention or hint that gorch existed. It's just a television special, not the actual seasons at att. It's more a behind-the-scenes look.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
SNL season box sets, while a lark of an idea, are practically impossible, unless NBC can secure the rights to all the musical numbers.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Dang. Well, I apologize if I got anyone's hopes up. I know mine were.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
an idea

I wonder if it would be possible to have boxed sets of complete episodes but not really season sets. Maybe four-disc sets with two episodes each and maybe some features.

here are some ideas:

The first five seasons vol. 1:
disc 1: George Carlin and Candace Bergan (first appearance)
disc 2: madeline kahn and Chevy Chase (first show hosted)
disc 3: Milton Berle and Lilly Thomlin (second show hosted)
disc 4: Jack Burns and Steve Martin (third show hosted)

The first five seasons vol. 2:
disc 1: Elliot Gould (first show hosted) and Walter Mathau
disc 2: Chevy Chase (second show hosted) and Steve Martin (second show hosted)
disc 3: Frank Zappa and Buck Henry (second show hosted)
disc 4: Richard Phryor and Paul Simon

There could also be a boxed set of christmas episodes, a boxed set of shows hosted by Steve Martin, and a boxed set of shows hosted by Buck Henry.