Snuffy Memories

CookieFan

Reaction score
Was anyone else bothered as a kid by the fact that when Snuffy was introduced only Big Bird could see him because he used to wander off and everyone thought Snuffy was imaginary? That used to really upset me!

How long was it before the rest of the cast started seeing Snuffy?

CookieFan

Reaction score
Snuffy was "imaginary" until 1986???

My goodness! That was the year I graduated from HIGH SCHOOL!!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I thought it was 1985. That's what most sources say. Anyway, I remember when Snuffy was "imaginary." That was kind of upsetting that nobody would believe Big Bird. On the other hand, I've seen some message boards where people wished that Snuffy HADN'T been introduced to people. They thought that took away Big Bird's right to have an imaginary friend.

I think it was a good idea to introduce him though. I mean if the people on the street deal with 8-foot birds, monsters, robots, talking frogs, etc. then there was no reason a Snuffleupagus couldn't have existed.

Comical_DrBob

Reaction score
As far as I rember I could always see Snuffy but I rember someone saying not long ago he was invisible,I don't know what age I started watching Sesame Street but I was born before 85/86 but don't rember the older sesames streets.