So...How is that new Bear season?

beaker

Reaction score
As a huge Bear fan of recent years, yet being without cable...I am really curious how the new season is going. I know there was mixed reactions to the season opener...but in general since then, what do you guys think of the new season?

I'm really hoping Disney and JHC have a late fall holiday merchandise boom planned, as there's nary a Bear item to be found sadly at Disneystore.

So surreal to be talking about "Disney and JHC" in the same sentence...though I wonder how this partnership would be effected with a buyout from another company.

Ok, so who here is excited for new Bear stuff? Im personally hoping for merchandise from characters who havent had stuff out yet, Like Doc Hogg or Dave goelz' Jack the Dog.

I'm also curious how Sesame Street is, being as I havent seen that in ages.(but that's for another thread)

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Cory,

They moved Bear's eyebrows down to the side of his eyes, Its really bad.

I dont even know why they dont it, It really makes him look bad.

see ya

Lu775

Reaction score
new Bear CD

When is that new Bear Holiday CD coming out?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The new Bear CD was released at the beginning of September. It may not be easy to find in the stores though until the Christmas CD's come out. Didn't see it yet at our local Best Buy. Amazon has it available though. The CD includes a variety of Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas songs.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker

I'm really hoping Disney and JHC have a late fall holiday merchandise boom planned, as there's nary a Bear item to be found sadly at Disneystore.
Well, maybe in Californipa. They do have stuff of sorts in Mass. But basically it's just kid's stuffed Bear dolls and Bean bags. I saw a few CD's, and they have some odd stuff in the catelogue. For one thing there's this bean bag chair shaped like him. Pretty weird stuff!

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Well, maybe in Californipa. They do have stuff of sorts in Mass. But basically it's just kid's stuffed Bear dolls and Bean bags. I saw a few CD's, and they have some odd stuff in the catelogue. For one thing there's this bean bag chair shaped like him<<<

Youd think we in California would be the first to get far east made goods...oh to the contrary! We were the LAST to get series 1 and beaker labs Palisades Muppet figures. And I have no idea when those dvd packed cereals are coming my way.

But yeah, there's barely a tumbleweed of Bear stuff to be found...the local discount store has more stuff than Disneystore!

I seriously dont know what is up with the management of the Bear stuff. From the never updated fan site, to the fact I dont think anyone got their membership stuff who sent away for it, to the fact JHC probably assumes 100% of people inquiring about Bear are parents. Plus the fact theyve taken a few vacations on a few seasons of the show, and dont seem to make any new merchandise.

Bear in the Big Blue House is the 3rd largest Muppet franchise, yet now days you'd hardly know it. I personally think they need to make merchandise of characters other than the main 7...a complain Ive had for many a year with the Muppet Show merchandising(even to this day, try to find non Kermit/Piggy/Fozzie/gonzo/Animal merchandise in stores thats not released by Palisades!)