So I was thinking...

radionate

Reaction score
Okay, thats cool. I just wanted to clarify that. :big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
You do realize that your "loving 80's" was the boom of the HIV crisis. That the happy go lucky scientists and politicians of that time were trying to sweep it under rug, and ignore all facts and data.
.......... but they made great TV-shows and movies - gotta give em that !!!!

Cory, as for no Christian Science - Jim was a Christian Scientist - how do you know he wasn't inspired by something in Christian Science to create Fraggle Rock or Dark Crystal ? You could be changing history here dude !

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Since when did all the millions of TV movies starring Valerie Bertinellie become good?

Luke

Reaction score
Well yeah there were some stinkers. That guy who played Herman in the Munsters - he got some good cameo parts. That was a good thing i guess. They also had Transformers, He-Man and the Gummi Bears, Smurfs too - gotta love dem Smurfs !

beaker

Reaction score

Cory, as for no Christian Science - Jim was a Christian Scientist - how do you know he wasn't inspired by something in Christian Science to create Fraggle Rock or Dark Crystal ? You could be changing history here dude !
I guess that is better than the dark magician goat sacrificer you were spinning in the other thread:wink:

Anyways, it still urks me how we lost JH and RH is all.

As for the 80's: It served as the template for some of the best cartoons, tv shows, and films ever...I mean we seem to be heading back toward that scenario.

Luke

Reaction score
Beaker

Hey you mentioned Goat scarifice - not me !!! As for the 80's TV - agreed. It's good to see all the 80's stuff coming back but they don't expect the nostalgia bubble to last that long (till sept 2003 or just beyond most execs reckon). The next thing will be interactive virtual reality world style TV shows - teams having to guide people through worlds with CGI characters, and people at home influencing their decisions via the Net. There are at least 4 or 5 of these shows in development or production.

beaker

Reaction score
Re: Beaker

good to see all the 80's stuff coming back but they don't expect the nostalgia bubble to last that long (till sept 2003 or just beyond most execs reckon). The next thing will be interactive virtual reality world style TV shows - teams having to guide people through worlds with CGI characters, and people at home influencing their decisions via the Net. There are at least 4 or 5 of these shows in development or production.
Why am I not surprised about this upcoming tv trend? People need to get out more and get a life than being nursed by the glass *** all day(AKA the tv)

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i'd love to live in the 80's. they had great music and some wacky clothing and weird hairstyles, but hey, thats what made the 80's so great....

ryan

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by ryhoyarbie
i'd love to live in the 80's. they had great music and some wacky clothing and weird hairstyles, but hey, thats what made the 80's so great....

ryan
Preach it my friend!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
going back and listening to duran duran, huey lewis and the news, the b-52's!!!!! haha......all that and more...

ryan