So We'll Go No More A-Roving, for Fear of Furry Monsters

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Yay! (waves arms wildly over head!) Thank goodness Deadly is going to get his furry blue butt in gear and do something besides talk the problem to death. Ah...it's the same with Shakespearean actors everywhere....

I'm beginning to thaw a little towards Carl, but I'm not near enough defrosted to think about getting too close to him. Kudos to him for helping Snookie through a low moment--he might be redeemable, as long as he stays out of the kitchen.

I really liked your interpretation of Kermit, here. You're really getting a handle on his I'm-their-leader-which-way-did-they-go persona backstage and I'm happy to see him juggling the show, Robin, Piggy, Scooter and a nice bowl of frosted flies at the same time. Who said the frog can't multitask! But shame on Scooter for not checking out the website--shame, shame.

I can't wait to see what happens next! And I'm really ready for everybody to come home safe!

(Except Van Neuter.)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
For the record, I thank you for the update. Didn't comment last night cause I got in late after returning from surveying the near-destruction of Gotham City.

*Follows :news: down the hidden downwards staircase at the hotel.
*Enters Van Neuter's lab.
Okay, so what have we got?

Demon kitten, aw, cute. <3
:batty: Wouldn't it be a bakeneko?
Technically, yes. Although bakenekos are adult monster cats, whether winged or not. And you should check its tail.
:batty: Why's that?
If it's one single tail, it's still a bakeneko. If it's split into two, then it's a nekomata.
:batty: Check.
Blue-skinned hamster? Possibly either a zombie hamster from that botched alphabet toy ouija summoning or one of Stitch's cousins.
Feather boa constrictor, nice, nice Muppet Show reference.

*Grim smile as raven-disguised reporter and skulking spectral serpent king are now teamed up in releasing the potential prisoners.

Great job with the segment featuring Snookie and Carl and Constanza. At least there's someone looking out for the hazed host.

*<3 Robin's adorableness at trick-or-treating. Are the others from Sesame still there, or did they go back to their respective homes?
*Glad the Mutations got back from their cruise in the Spanish isles.
Poor Beaker, he gets into trouble wherever he goes. *Remembers Frank Caliendo's bit from this morning. *Glares at the guys in the back who didn't laugh when he did his Bunsen voice.

Er, more please? *Disappears.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
Ah, but the Mutations weren't on a cruise -- didn't you catch them playing as the house band for "Break a Leg" and "Monsters Tonight"?

Thanks to Ru for the "Frosted Flies" joke. Ah, bug-food humor!

Glad you guys like so far...big finale still to come...soon! :news:
-------------

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Of corpse I caught the Mutations as the house band for every live MMN show. But the frog doesn't know that does he? Riiiight. It's all in how you play along with the show you're watching/fic you're reading. It's kind of like how when I'm watching Colbert, I get all indignant at what he condemns or react with a "Noooo!" when Jon ended up having an intervention last week with the actors from The Campaign.
Heh, Colbert. That reminds me, he gets a :smile: for doing a People In Your Neighborhood joke.

Muppet Domination peoples, is everywhere.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Piggy: Do we get to choose which muppet is going to dominate us?
Ru: Piggy!
Kermit: Piggy! Sheesh!
Piggy: (airly) I do not see what all the fuss is about. Moi was only asking....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, more of your being tart huh?
:shifty: There's tarts?
Erm, go ask Grace, she was delivering them when she moved into HV on Monday.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
I love how I get these alerts when I'm already on the page they alerting me to. Once again, I have blindly stumbled on to this chapter and was happy to see that Deadly was just chilling out in the glass case. I actually thought they had turned him into a monster monster.

I like Carl; he's not completely bad or good really, but you have shown that he has some affection for the Snooker. I still like Rosie best though and maybe cause I knew a guy named Rosie once.

I'm with Ru on this one - Scooter, your tech senses should have tingled at a domain like that. My God, man, you worked at Google for cripes sake! You should know better!

Robin! Nearly forgot he was in here, so glad to see him back.

And of course you know I always love seeing the Divine Miss P where ever she is. Though, something has been bothering me...so Camilla obviously knows that Gonzo is doing something stupid on some show; Rizzo and Pepe know. And maybe I've forgotten, but I'm under the belief that no one has bothered to, you know, tell the others like Kermit and Piggy and Fozzie and Scooter than Gonzo is doing something stupid on TV.

My inner child detective is puzzled as to why these clues have not come together, however I can see that things are coming to ahead. Quickly Watson! To the sleuth mobile!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
Ah, the others are vaguely aware of it, as mentioned many many chapters back, but yes, I was planning another reference to all that soon. Patience, grasshoppa.

Ed, was it obvious that the director Bob was supposed to be one of the long-limbed giant Muppet monsters? I noticed some of them don't seem to have working mouths, so I figured they have their own version of sign language. I think Carl views Snookums as his own personal Muppet torture-doll..."He's MINE, YOU can't do that, only I can!" ...but mayhap there's more to it after all. :wink:

I don't write the frognpig well; I leave that to more experienced ughgushers, e.g. Ru, although I like the interpretations I'm seeing from others around here such as WMG. But hey, they need to pop in from time to time...after all, I try to include everyone at least in cameo! Wouldn't be a proper Muppet story without them!

More soon as I can. I need to iron out details, though the general pattern is in my head for the big showdown(s) to come...appreciate all readers! :news:
--------------

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, I don't recognize the nameless monsters unless there's a strong connection to their appearance in the fic. For example, the triple-header working the tally phones for Brake A Leg!? I knew it was Tom, Dick, and Harry when Gonzo launched into telling Rosie not to trust what he said, what she said, what it said? The only long-legged big Muppet monsters I know of are: The Danceros because of its four legs, the duo who sang Your Feet's Too Big, and I guess it was a Bossman? who appeared in The Boy From Ipanema with Petula Clark. Also, I was going to ask if the creature from the fat lagoon director of I Married A Monster! was related to Fern from the Hurting Something sketches from The Jim Henson Hour.

At any rate, you're doing great when said silent characters recur to their form of sign language if they have no other means of communication available.
Plus, you get points for the Pythonesque rant when Newsie got Uncle D to realize he could walk out of the glass cabinet and the reading the journalist's Gina did for the dragon.

Thank you, look forward to whatever's next.
*Goes to finetune Van Neuter's mom's costuming now that I have a clearer idea of her as Bloody Mary.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Goes 'Bump' in the night, because this deserves to be on Page 1.

Wonders if because of the blackness of his fur, Burt would be a warg.
:frown: What?
No, not you... The wolf-thing from this fic.
*Smiles evilly at having a female version of all three strike team members.