So, what do we call Gonzo now?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's the deal:

There are 4 main categories of Muppet...

1. Animal/Animal like: Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Pepe, Big Bird...etc.
  2. Human or Humanoid: Statler, Waldorf, Bert, Ernie, Scooter
  3. Monster/Creature: Sweetums, Sesame Street Monsters, Gonzo (creature), Fraggles (again, creatures)
  4. And finally, things that shouldn't be able to move or think by themselves, but do: Fruits, vegatables, robots, tables...etc.

As I said, I count Gonzo as a "creature" which I combine with monsters, as creatures and monsters basically the same concept... creative race of imaginary things and all.

Somehow, I consider Animal somewhere in between monster and humanoid... if nothing else, a missing link or a feral human/humanoid.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Earl Sinclair: And what's the opposite of a vegetable? Fruit! And what is fruit? It's not an animal. It's not water or fire. Therefore, fruit is a rock. *note: quote may not be exact*

Anyway, I don't personally mind the alien explanation, as Muppet Babies kinda went in that direction sometimes and then Gonzo's "theme" song can be interpreted as an alien origin. However, IIRC, the storybooks have his family as Earth-bound, so I imagine that they are still an unnamed species and only did the alien thing as a gag for the movie. I like to imagine a bunch of Gonzos building a UFO in the middle of a suburban neighborhood, LOL.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Animal is a drummer. That says much more than any geneology.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Animal is a drummer. That says much more than any geneology.
One of the most true to Animal quotes ever: "Drummers like just two things in life: girls and hitting things...And also hitting on cute girls." :wink::halo::big_grin:

TML

Reaction score
I dunno why, but when I was a kid I always saw Gonzo as a kind of weird bird. He's got feathers on his head and a beak sort of nose and he likes chickens. Ah, the mind of a child.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Wow! I forgot about that. You summed everything up so perfectly. :embarrassed: And I mean everything. That took some time.
Thanks. It was a little thing I did because I accept that they say alien...Goelz did the film and knows Gonzo best, but I'm a Whatever fan. Thanks for reading it. :concern:

GONZO 13

Reaction score
Gonzo!

When i we little I thought GONZo was the best! I mean he did every thing! He is my hero!:concern:

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
I dunno why, but when I was a kid I always saw Gonzo as a kind of weird bird. He's got feathers on his head and a beak sort of nose and he likes chickens. Ah, the mind of a child.
I remember my mom telling me when I was little that she thought Gonzo was a bird. For a while I believed it.

...And I've always thought of Animal as a monster. In the most extreme sense-- definitely not a domestic monster. :halo: