So who is getting high off of Series 3 pix?

beaker

Reaction score
http://www.palisadestoys.com/DailyBits/JulyFour/TUESDAY.html

Why a seperate thread? Maybe its an ego thing...but I smell conjestion. I know Im getting high off the series 3 pix revealed today...tho I suspect it may just be the paint fumes!

...and man, tell me that swedish chef playset doesnt look sweet!

However I would have to agree with Luke...that Lew Zealand looks like a job on ebay under Custom figures.

And hey, is that a Muppet cake? So does this mean we have new unnanounced Muppet figures? Though those muppet vegetables are M.I.A., I cant wait to see what the Lobsters look like!

FellowWLover

Reaction score
CORY!!!

A *drug* reference on MC?! Why shut yer mouth Mr. Nasty. To quote a famous trouble-maker I know... wouldn't that be better for TP? Hah!

:big_grin:

Ryan

Reaction score
These are nice, but there are many flaws I'm not too happy with:

Scooter: There's something wrong with his eyes, I have no idea what.

Lew Zeland: His color is off. He needs to be more orangish (is that even a word?)

Rowlf: I don't think he should be wearing shoes. Just doesn't look
right.

Swedish Chef Kitchen: Nice, but I never remember seeing it like that on the show.

Other than that, they're pretty cool. :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
>>>A *drug* reference on MC?! Why shut yer mouth Mr. Nasty. To quote a famous trouble-maker I know... wouldn't that be better for TP? Hah!<<<

Hey, that was a G rated intoxication reference:wink: (Who knows all about paint fumes from endless nights of miserably trying my hand at custom figures) Better suited for TP? Hey, youre beginning to sound like me now!

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Scooter: There's something wrong with his eyes, I have no idea what<<<

I would agree...thank goodness for plenty of revisions before 1st quarter releases!

Lew Zeland: His color is off. He needs to be more orangish (is that even a word?)<<<

oh yeah, definately needs some of his orangishness. The suit sculpt I think is good.

Rowlf: I don't think he should be wearing shoes. Just doesn't look
right.<<<

Yeah, sans shows would be good...but this and Chef to me are th emost perfect looking of these.

Swedish Chef Kitchen: Nice, but I never remember seeing it like that on the show<<<

Well remember, all the sets except for Swinetrek are pretty much history revisionism. I will say I would have kind of liked a slightly less grainy industrial Muppet labs, but thats just me.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah Scooters eyes have been pointed out to me and i'd have to agree they are a touch oversized compared to his head, BUT its a minor quibble and it may well be the angle and the lens used to take the picture. I'd like to see other angles. The jacket makes it a must buy though anyway and the texturing is cool.

Phew - i'm glad someone else agree's with me on Lew Zealand. I was beginning to think it was just me. Yeah i think it's a mess, nuff said. I hope maybe the character designs from Henson can be studied a little better before they make the actual figures.

radionate

Reaction score
I think Scooter looks off to me. Lew seems fine, but there is something off kilter with the gofer. Don't know what, but I love him anyway.

Luke

Reaction score
I dunno what it is with Lew and Me. When i saw it i just kinda thought it looked like something one of the more talented people here had made out of Sculpey - it just kinda lacks definition for me, and the features have been over-emphasised. Just my opinion.

I think maybe we were spoiled with the first wave - a lot of the sculpts besides Chef look a little rougher round the edges compared to the first lot.

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
I think Scooter looks off to me. Lew seems fine, but there is something off kilter with the gofer. Don't know what, but I love him anyway.
i think it's that he's standing up straight. think about it, any time i can remember seeing Scooter's legs, they were bent at the knees. or maybe it's just my imagination and that's just the way i always pictured him.

i think Lew looks just fine...he could maybe use a touch up on the face, but if they were to release that as is, i probably wouldn't complain.