So you want to audition for the Muppets?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
BEAR said:
What are you doing at PBS?
Well, in Augusts and Marches, I volunteer down at PBS, for their "Friends of Sesame Street" pledge drives. Myself, and another person perform the puppets that interact with human characters, and spread the word to join the club, and support public TV. One week in August, and two weeks in March.

BEAR

Reaction score
Very cool, D'Snowth.

BTW, anyone have updates on this? Where/When they are auditioning and what the procedures are? Thanks.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Dang me and my not-being-eighteen-or-experienced-yet-ness! <sigh>. Well, best of luck in the whole wide world to everybody who is eighteen and experienced and all that great stuff that I'm not... <shrug> maybe next time...

BEAR

Reaction score
I wonder how often they hold these auditions.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Ahhhhh! I do a mean :sing: and Robbin and Ma Bear (fozzies mom), Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Rowlf. I sooo want out of walmart and I'm 20. I've nbeen wating for somthing like this to come up! :big_grin:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
ToasterBoy said:
I called the number and listened to the message. It seems as if it'll be some sort of traveling company of "classic Muppets" it said one of the thing they are looking for is how well you can mimic classic muppet characters and improvisation skills."

I left my name for more info.

I'll let you know if they call back.
Yep i sure did, I aslo called and listed the names of the Muppets I can do and that I have been Puppteering for the last 5 or 6 years!!! Yooo Hoooo HOPE i get it, or any of us! :big_grin: :smile: :excited:

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
I've been puppeteering for a little over a year and I don't think my voice is close to any of the Muppets. But I bet If I tried hard enough I could do Rowlf or maybe Sweetums.

BEAR

Reaction score
All I can do are...
Kermit
Miss Piggy
Gonzo
Rowlf
Dr. Teeth
Rizzo
Pops
Sam Eagle
Ernie
Big Bird (not to be rude, but why on Earth is Matt Vogel performing him?!)
Oscar
Grover
Cookie
Snuffy
Telly

thats all i can think of.

AbbessBryony

Reaction score
This is very exciting news. :excited: I'm not very experienced at puppeteering, but I can imitate voices quite well. Good luck for anyone who might be trying out for the auditions.

BEAR

Reaction score
Yeah, but the only way to even audition is if i knew anything about it. We don't have any info so far.