matleo said:
2004: there will be a pack-in for every series in '04

Series 7 (CC newsletter)

MTI Kermit
MT Johnny
TMS Beau
TMS Frog Scout Robin

Retail Excusive:
Tux Gonzo w/Bernice the chicken (Target: Gonzo will be the target excluisve for Series 7&8) (9-19-03)
Confused. Who is Bernice? Is that just a different chicken? How is Tux Gonzo different from the purple suit Gonzo? Is this a black tux then? How is it different from a simple repaint? New suit sculpt? New accessories?

Series 8 (designations 9-01-03)
MT
TMS
TMS
MTM
*there is NO army builder type pack-in for Series 8
** there may be exclusive for S8. It's still being planned out. (9-20-03)
***BUT there is one comic-con exclusive planned as an MTI variant for around S8
You said there's a pack-in for every series in '04, but this one has no 'army builder' pack-in. Is there a difference between pack-in and army builder?

If there's a playset for Series 8-9, not from the movies, then it's probably from TMS (what playsets could you make from MT? What set pieces lasted long enough, control room aside? Why have the control room when you could have the Muppet Show Backstage?) My guess is the playset is from TMS and it's Vet's Hospital, which means S8 or S9 includes Nurse Piggy and Nurse Janice.

Series 9 (designations: 9-17-03)
TMS
TMS
GMC
MTI
retail excusive MFS

*Note Series 9 has an army builder type pack-in
**one of these designations is misleading
***author’s note: We know that Ken wants to do Pops as a GMC figure. my guess is that fills at least one of our S9 slots.
***Target will have a new exclusive for S9& 10 (9-19-03)

Series 10 (designations 9-17-03)
TMS
TMS
TMS
MT
EXCL: TMS

*one of these designations is misleading.
*note Series 10 also has an army builder type pack-in.
Misleading tags in S9 & 10, eh? Kinda like Frog Scout Robin (his Frog Scout getup was more prominent post-TMS; he only see him in Frog Scout uniform in one episode, Debbie Harry).

Characters we know exist in some form and what we know about them.

1) Swetums
* Will likely be released in 2004.
* Will be approximately 10-inches tall.
* Will have many cool layers of plastics.
* Will likely be sold as an exclusive.
* Will NOT be a Target exclusive.
* Will likely be widely available.
* Will be packaged in a window box.
* Will likely have an accessory.
* Is currently being sculpted.
*Will likely have a HUGE amount of hidden articulations.
* Will certainly be....SWEET!

2) Sal:
* will be part of some type of “buddies pack”
* will NOT be in the same series a Rowlf
* will be a threepaint.
Buddies pack? Like in pack-in or 2-pack? If Rizzo, Pepe, and Robin are big enough to not be pack-ins I would think Sal would be too. Who could he possibly come with? A talking cannonball?

3) Naked Rowlf:
*He will NOT be in the same series as Sal.

4) Naked Sam

5) One other Kermit figure that ken says people will ‘really dig’

5) Jim Henson: Sculpted, approved and REALLY up in the air on how he will be released.

And just kind of a quick overview there are...

9 TMS slots to open (2 are probably Sam, and Rowlf)
2 MT slots open (one is probably Sal w/ rumors leaning toward him in S10)
2 MTI slot open (one is probably a varaiant since it's a comic-con exclusive)
1 GMC slot open (which is probably Pops)
1 MTM slot open (which is probably a variant)
and 1 MFS slot open (also probably a variant since it's an exclusive)

Exclusives:

*Tour figure: Ken thinks this is the coolest figure yet. It has 6 accessories ands a completely new sculpt. (this either means a new character OR revisiting a S1 or S2 character).

Playsets: There is at least one planned for sometime around Series 8 or 9. It will not be from the movies.

Bonus info: there is a special variant planned for the CC this holiday season.
Could you please post a link to the Palisades board thread that this info came from? I couldn't locate it over there. Thanks.

Sounds cool. I'm already trying to crack the code!

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

matleo

Reaction score
Hey dave,
A few answers for ya. the info is all over the site in different places. there's a thread called 'Piecing the Muppet rumors together: revisited" where it's all collected in one place.

http://www.palisadestoys.com/Forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4942

but it's all pulled together from other threads. Mostly from here......

http://www.palisadestoys.com/Forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4575 )

And there's another thread started by me called (Series 5&6; A look back) that I think has some info. And some of this info has actually been aorund for a while but nobody has really picked up on it. I was surprirsed when I actually started going through old posts and coming up with stuff.

anyway, the 5&6 thread is here

http://www.palisadestoys.com/Forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4904

ok, now some some answers.

the tux Gonzo will be a Black tux with a lightly differnet sculpt for the tux (ie tails) Bernice is indeed a different chicken form Camilla. Actually it'll be the same body sculpt as Cmailla, but with a different chicken head. This kind of character is an 'army-builder' pack-in. Apparently, next year there will be a few of these. Think rats, chickens, penguins, cows, etc. As of now, Bernice the chicken is the only one confirmed. This the kind of principle going into Sal's pack. I don't know who will be in Sal's pack, but Ken has said it will be so sweet that even if you don't like Sal you'll want the figure. I should point out there, that the last statment was pretty much directed at Luke, or at least in reponse to something Luke said. So while this has NOT been confirmed, there are some wild rumors floating about. But, I'm not going to add to them. :zany:

--Matt