Some of my puppets to share

Blink

Reaction score
Hello all,

Well it occured to me that so many people are sharing pictures of their puppets. While I try to post information on my blog, I often forget to post stuff I am doing here on Muppet Central.

So, here are some pictures. I have a few so I might break it into different posts (since discussions may move in different directions given the different puppets).

This is a wolf puppet I did for a shoot recently.

Wolf 1

The truth is I am not totally happy with it. I was very rushed. I didn't take the time to make things nice and neat (so note to other builders, yes, I am aware of the many design issues).

Wolf 2

I used Fimo for the teeth and simply glued them to the inside of the mouthplate. My wife picked up what she thought was white, but it was and off white. I catually like the colour better than the white I had wanted.

Wolf 3

Overall however I like it. It does have a blinking eye mech (and yes I use the same method that you can search for on this forum).

Wolf 4

I will post more information on the shoot sometime in the next month or so on my blog.

Enjoy

SJohnson

Reaction score
Cool puppets

Your puppets are great! I love the cat with beady eyes.:smile:

Iokitek

Reaction score
I also like this one alot :smile: I can see what you mean by rushing it. But I think it's a very good result. And the teeth look very real.

Blink

Reaction score
SurfPark said:
Great work!
Thanks again SurfPark.

SJohnson said:
Your puppets are great! I love the cat with beady eyes.
I appreciate your feedback. You are a very talenetd builder in your own right. Thank you very much.

Iokitek said:
I also like this one alot I can see what you mean by rushing it. But I think it's a very good result. And the teeth look very real.
Thanks Iokitek. Out of curiousity what part gives it away as being rushed? I have my own thoughts on it, but I am curious about yours. Again, thanks for the kinds words.

vertigo

Reaction score
Hey terrific puppets man! Very neat looking. Do you have any more you've built? I'd love to see them.:smile:

Sime's Mom

Reaction score
These are great! How did you get into puppetteering? Have you gone to school for it, and if so, where?

I joined this forum at the request of my 8-year-old son, who is a MAJOR puppet enthusiast. He builds puppets of every kind, from every material imaginable. (Cleaning his room is crazy because he can't tell the difference between garbage and "puppet supplies.") I want to help him develop into doing this professionally, but have no idea where to start...so any I encounter here, I'll be asking lots of questions!

Blink

Reaction score
nemalki said:
FIMO, eh? Very, very impressive.
Hi nemalki. Yes FIMO is a pretty versatile material to work with. You can actually make many different things for your puppets with it.

vertigo said:
Hey terrific puppets man! Very neat looking. Do you have any more you've built? I'd love to see them.
Today 12:15 AM
Thanks vertigo. Yes, I have lots of puppets that I have built. You can see more examples of my work on my blog or on my company website. Also, I plan on sharing my puppets here more often.

Amicus said:
Hey dude I love the wolf!! The Lobster looks awesome too! Did you make them from patterns or just from scratch?
Hey Amicus. I am glad you like The Big Bad Wolf and Sebastian the crab. To answer your question about building them from scratch or pattern the answer is "yes" to both. I build all my puppets from scratch and I make my own patterns (from scratch). I am in the habit of saving patterns since I have had customers come back and order the same puppet built again years later. It was very difficult to match perfectly, until I started saving my patterns that I created.

Sime's Mom said:
These are great! How did you get into puppetteering? Have you gone to school for it, and if so, where?

I joined this forum at the request of my 8-year-old son, who is a MAJOR puppet enthusiast. He builds puppets of every kind, from every material imaginable. (Cleaning his room is crazy because he can't tell the difference between garbage and "puppet supplies.") I want to help him develop into doing this professionally, but have no idea where to start...so any I encounter here, I'll be asking lots of questions!
I'm gald you like my puppets Sime's Mom. I started (officially) in 2000. I started practicing, took a workshop and then auditioned for a puppetry based television pilot. I got hired for it and that was that. Unofficially I've been puppeteering all of my life.

There is a place here in Toronto called Puppetmongers/School of Puppetry, although not really a school, it offers a variety of workshops from time to time. Well worth taking one for any puppet person.

Your son is very lucky to have a mother as supportive as you are. Yes indeed, to get answers you must first ask questions.

All my best.