Some of my puppets to share

Marky

Reaction score
You Rule, Kaya! See you in August!

wes

Reaction score
Blink I just Notice this Great Job!! By the Way where did you get the teeth?

Blink

Reaction score
Marky said:
You Rule, Kaya! See you in August!
Thanks Marky. August, eh? That statement has me very curious as to who you are.

wes said:
Blink I just Notice this Great Job!! By the Way where did you get the teeth?
Hey wes! I am glad that you found the post. I apprecite the positive feedback.

The teeth are made out of FIMO. It is a good little product and can help out in a pinch. Much less toxic tha casting your own plastic teeth. I had a pair of custom eyes done for me and the fuumes from the eyes lasted for days. Man were they bad.

FIMO is just sculpt and bake. No mess, no fuss. If you take more time than I did you can make the teeth nice and perfect. By the end of the puppet I figured it had a very rough/messy look to him anyways and the quick teeth design was appropriate.

Glad you liked it wes.

wes

Reaction score
Thanks for the teeth info!!

Marky

Reaction score
Well, Puppets Up! II will reveal all!!! Mwa-ha-haaaaaa!

nemalki

Reaction score
Blink said:
Hi nemalki. Yes FIMO is a pretty versatile material to work with. You can actually make many different things for your puppets with it.
Sorry for the late response. Been busy with my other online endeavors (normally, this is where I would plug my site, but, that could be kind of crass if you don't know many people here). I've used FIMO and Sculpey on numerous occasions. I made a Spielberg medalion when I was in high-school out of Sculpey III, and I've tried to make a statuette out of the lead character of Aliqat: The Journies of the Seventh Sun, one of my comics I want to launch on my site this year, but I ran out of the stuff.

Just never tried to use it with puppets. Then again, I've never made a puppet with a moving mouth or anything. I've had designs since I was a kid and even perfected different character voices in different octaves, even a plan for a Beakman's World/Clyde Crashcup-like series involving this one scientist character of mine, so if this whole comic writing/drawing thing don't work out, I have other talents to fall back on. I'm kind of envious of the stuff you and a whole lot of these guys and gals can do. Hopefully, I'll find time to learn more of the secrets of the craft because, well, puppetry is a beautiful artform.

whatadoddle

Reaction score
Scary wolf, ....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I like the face proportions, and eye blink is a big plus, well done!

puppetise

Reaction score
u can check out my puppets by the link in my signiture

Blink

Reaction score
wes said:
Thanks for the teeth info!!
No problem wes.

Marky said:
Well, Puppets Up! II will reveal all!!! Mwa-ha-haaaaaa!
How criptic...and what an evil laugh.

nemalki said:
Sorry for the late response. Been busy with my other online endeavors (normally, this is where I would plug my site, but, that could be kind of crass if you don't know many people here). I've used FIMO and Sculpey on numerous occasions. I made a Spielberg medalion when I was in high-school out of Sculpey III, and I've tried to make a statuette out of the lead character of Aliqat: The Journies of the Seventh Sun, one of my comics I want to launch on my site this year, but I ran out of the stuff.

Just never tried to use it with puppets. Then again, I've never made a puppet with a moving mouth or anything. I've had designs since I was a kid and even perfected different character voices in different octaves, even a plan for a Beakman's World/Clyde Crashcup-like series involving this one scientist character of mine, so if this whole comic writing/drawing thing don't work out, I have other talents to fall back on. I'm kind of envious of the stuff you and a whole lot of these guys and gals can do. Hopefully, I'll find time to learn more of the secrets of the craft because, well, puppetry is a beautiful artform.
I look forward to seeing the results of your puppet building. I am working on a Chewbacca puppet and I have used FIMO for the nose. It looks pretty good.

whatadoddle said:
Scary wolf, ....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I like the face proportions, and eye blink is a big plus, well done!
Thanks whatadoodle! Like I said before, with more time I could have made the puppet look more balanced, but he is what he is and the overall look I feel works.

puppetise said:
u can check out my puppets by the link in my signiture
Hi puppetise. I have seen your puppets. I would like to make a turtle puppet sometime as well.

Marky

Reaction score
Blink said:
How criptic...and what an evil laugh.

I'm not evil, NOR have I sEEN any evilness amounst the YOUNG puppeteers in Almonte.

... I just call the balcony's RANDOM SHARK ATTACKS!!!!!!

mwa-ha-HAAAAAAAA!