some old clips - someone's gotta remember

pagesidehigh

Reaction score
1. "jenny and jeff, you get away from that jacket!!" - 2 little black kids in a jacket (obv for the letter j)

2. this crack in the wall that would come alive in this kid's room

i *need* these lol :stick_out_tongue:

Cookie fan

Reaction score
pagesidehigh said:

I do remember this one very vaguely though, but it really spooked me as a kid. It'll be something to see it again.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
pagesidehigh said:
1. "jenny and jeff, you get away from that jacket!!" - 2 little black kids in a jacket (obv for the letter j)

OH MY GOD!!!! THE CRACK IN THE WALL?!? You just brought back the scariest animated bit I'd ever seen on Sesame Street!!! When I was a kid and prone to "active sleeping" (either in the form of sleep walking or seeing things at night that weren't there) I remember seeing that talking crack in the wall next to my parent's bed and just about having a heart attack!

YOu know another animated bit that scared me? This one was from The Electric Company. It was with the cowboy who would say OR all the time and he was brought before a jury. You could never see his eyes because his bangs hung over them. So finally he tells the jury he'll stop saying or. Just then it pans in for a close up and we finally see his scary, blood-shot eyes as the cowboy threateningly considers: "Or will I?!" Man, between the crack in the wall and this cartoon, I went through a lot of pairs of once-dry underoos.

ISNorden

Reaction score
pagesidehigh said:
The other words in that cartoon (illustrated by the jacket's actions): "jump", "jerk", "jiggle", and "juggle" (balls appear from one empty sleeve and get tossed to the other). At that point, the suspicious narrator asks "Is this a joke?" (with that word appearing, of course); Jenny and Jeff are discovered when the narrator hears giggling inside the jacket.

pagesidehigh said:

Other answers described the "cracks" cartoon already, but they didn't mention the other crack-animals that the boy met: a camel (who gave the boy a ride) and a hen. The monster disappears when the plaster in that area falls away; in the end, the boy hopes to visit the cracks again soon.

pagesidehigh

Reaction score
that crack caused me so many nightmares and my mom never saw it so she never knew what i was talking about - i mean, it was some seriously scary ****! i would love to see it again just to see if it's still as frightening as it was when i was little :embarrassed:

Cookie fan

Reaction score
ISNorden said:
but they didn't mention the other crack-animals that the boy met: a camel (who gave the boy a ride) and a hen. The monster disappears when the plaster in that area falls away; in the end, the boy hopes to visit the cracks again soon.
Wow, you remembered that like it was yesterday, when I started reading your post- I literally recalled it all! I wanna see it again just for some closure- I could not sleep next to cracks on walls as a child.
Other animated clips that scared me was the Falling Apples on the Mountain/Ogre's head and a brief animated clip with Maria's voiceover reciting a poem with guitar in background,went something like:"If you dare, try to scare, learn to skate, look for bait". It'll really be something to see them again.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
pagesidehigh said:
that crack caused me so many nightmares and my mom never saw it so she never knew what i was talking about - i mean, it was some seriously scary ****! i would love to see it again just to see if it's still as frightening as it was when i was little :embarrassed:
I never saw that crack one I think, and I'm glad I didn't because enough stuff on Sesame Street gave me nightmares! For me, that was just part of being a Muppet fan as a child, knowing that every now and then you'd be scared to death! I loved The Christmas Toy, but I was also occasionally too frightened to watch it! And I actually think I taped it over (yeah that was brilliant!)

I feel the parent frustration, I'd try to explain my fears to my parents and they'd never see the clips and never understand what the big deal was! lol I tried telling them about this one Sesame Street cartoon. This guy with a sort of beak face was trying to push an elephant through a door. He asks a girl if she could help him and she said no. Then he finally pushed the elephant and got blow through the door with it. I kept telling my parents how scary that was and they just didn't get it!

Actually...yeah just thinking about this is starting to spook me out...I'll try to think about something else now! La la la