Some stuff popping in at Disney Stores...

beaker

Reaction score
It all has to do with Movie Buzz. personally, I'm not surprised that we didn't get a massive line of Up merchandise in stores, but Monsters VS Aliens? I really hate how TRU claimed dibs on the line, creating artificial scarcity. And yet, TRU has all this Planet 51 stuff they'll never sell, and it's exclusive to them. Oh well, at least I managed to get 2 of the McDonald's figures. The thing that bugs me is that the only toy lines that are on store shelves are movies and movies based off of toylines and comics. The occasional cartoon based off of comics too... but never an original cartoon series.

But back to the main topic... I wanna see a lot more Pepe on T-shirts and a LOT less Animal. Unless he's with someone.
I'd love to see Muppet shirts period. I found this seriously cool
Matrix like Beaker shirt at Hot Topic back in 2003, never saw it again since. I remember a number of rare Muppet shirts Hot Topic would get.

I heard Planet 51 was rated as one of the worst cgi movies of all time, and one of the top 5 worst movies of 2009. Ouch. Though to be fair, TRU didn't get much of that stuff. Yeah what little MVA stuff TRU got was grabbed up by ebay hawks.

Dang, how come ya only got 2 of the Mcdonalds figures? I made sure to get em all, by far the coolest Mcdonalds figures in eons. I LOVE Insectosaurus, and am glad TRU still had some plushes. Sadly, they released the Merry Madagascar NBC special on dvd but not the recent MVA Halloween special.

And Im not buying any of the reasons given for not releasing Up merchandise. Every time I went to Disney store this summer people were wondering where the Up stuff was, with noticeably bummed out parents and kids. I mean I love robots, but how could anyone fall in love with a speechless sterile character or story/environment? Suffice to say I have no plans to see Wall-E anytime soon. And I never want to see Cars again, that was quite an endurance test. Even the Incredibles, as fun as it was doesnt hold a special place for me. Finding Nemo I really dug, and of course Toy Story 1, 2, and Monsters Inc. A Bug's Story I didn't get much into. Ratatouie is actually a very special film, and I like how that was the first film of Pixars "deep emotion" genre.

But Up...Up to me is Pixar's crowning achievement, a true masterpiece. The fact Disney, who normally floods every single retail outlet with Chinese sweatshop made merchandise, decided not to do much of anything for what many critics consider their finest work.

Then again, we are talking about the company that gutted and
completely did away with their 2d animation department in the early 2000's.