Someone screaming for Jem DVD's?

beaker

Reaction score
Now if only we can get Muppet Babies, Centurions, Silver Hawks, Mighty Orbots, Wuzzles, Adventures of Ed Grimley and Hey Vern It's Earnest:smile:

I have to say it's nice finally having a non bootleg of Rockos Modern Life!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now if only we can get Muppet Babies, Centurions, Silver Hawks, Mighty Orbots, Wuzzles, Adventures of Ed Grimley and Hey Vern It's Earnest:smile:
Hey Vern is SUPPOSEDLY available from Mill Creak, though I've never seen it... everything else is an impossibility.

Silverhawks/ Ed Grimley are owned by Warner Bros. Unless they were to release these via create space on amazon, there's no way they'd bother (they HATE box sets that aren't current sitcoms).

Muppet Babies/Wuzzles are Disney... they REALLY hate box sets period...

and everything else is kinda lost to copyrights. Though TMS may own Orbots, and they could make a deal... Anime Works is dead, right? Like... I know they released Galaxy High (Also TMS)...

Jem's basically part of the package deal between Shout, Sony and Hasbro. Now if they can just re-release the freaking Transformers animated movie, I'd be set. Really... Sony had that in print for 2 months.

beaker

Reaction score
Galaxy High got released? Wow. I'm a fan of a lot of obscure 80's cartoons and shows Family Guy has yet to reference...so you know they are rather obscure:smile: Again, I say thank goodness for torrent sites, as it's not right that even one season has not been released of most these shows. I did recently buy a newly released dvd that has 10 COPS episodes and one Hey Vern episode.

My top 10 cartoons of the 1980's are:

1. Muppet Babies
2. Transformers G1(1984-1987)
3. Alf animated
4. Mighty Orbots
5. COPS
6. Silverhawks
7. Kid Video
8. Garfield and Friends
9. Ducktales
10.Gummi Bears

As you can see, a good half of these have never seen the light of day either in a box set or even a single best of disc release. But I also understand why Rhino/Shout/etc are reluctant to release these...as its a bit of a gamble. Why spend all the money to remaster and package if hardly anyone will remember or buy? My Little Pony can sell because the cheap flash new show has a huge audience.

I used to get up at 5-6AM for much of the early to late 80's and early 90's to watch this stuff every Saturday; and I'd love to be able to show this to my kids someday(be it through official means or torrented/tape trades conversions)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Galaxy High got released?
Years ago. in 2 sets. I'd be surprised if they don't sell for a fortune on amazon by now. That was pretty long ago.
Wow. I'm a fan of a lot of obscure 80's cartoons and shows Family Guy has yet to reference...so you know they are rather obscure:smile: Again, I say thank goodness for torrent sites, as it's not right that even one season has not been released of most these shows. I did recently buy a newly released dvd that has 10 COPS episodes and one Hey Vern episode.

As you can see, a good half of these have never seen the light of day either in a box set or even a single best of disc release. But I also understand why Rhino/Shout/etc are reluctant to release these...as its a bit of a gamble. Why spend all the money to remaster and package if hardly anyone will remember or buy? My Little Pony can sell because the cheap flash new show has a huge audience.
You know Rhino's dead, right? That's why it took FOREVER to get Transformers, G.I. Joe and Jem on DVD... the Hasbro cartoon license was completely lost after Rhino... I'm absolutely glad they didn't get TMNT... The Hasbro cartoons pretty much got to Sony at one point... they ALSO hate box sets... and intense negotiation took place for Shout to get them all. Jem seemed to be the big hold out.

A lot of the ones listed are owned by the big companies that don't want to put anything on DVD except for overpriced collections of recent shows (mostly cable ones I've never heard of). it is kinda up to the Mill Creaks and the Shouts to release these things. Yet, Shout made deals with Nickelodeon to release Nicktoons, they made a deal with Warner Bros to get Max Headroom and Captain Planet... Why not get them to release all those weird obscure shows from the 80's that have a cult following?

And yeah, the new MLP is HUGE! And with late teen and 20's kids, too. I was at first reluctant to see it, now I just wanna find out what the hype's all about. I hear nothing but good things, and it's become HUGE as an internet meme. All I can remember about the old series was how dreadfully boring it was.

beaker

Reaction score
I absolutely loathe the "Magic is friendship" show, the animation, and the meme/genuine fanbase. And one of my good internet friends is the lead animator on it even! (she helped me get started with my own animated show Im working on) I definitely am going to have to spoof the look and style of that show. But eh, at least it's positive and girls like it. I think we spend a lot of our time complaining about stuff, but so much stuff is worth complaining about. Video stores, book stores, arcades...all dead.

You know Tooth, you need to start a weekly youtube rant show. Put your rants on 80's pop culture vs 2011 culture on youtube. Thats what Im doing this september.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Shout's going to release this the same as their others, a larger complete series first, and then season sets...

Details here

Funny thing though... half the time the complete series sets get delayed and the rest of the series in smaller volumes comes out first.

I gotta pick up the Transformers Headmasters series... of course, I don't even have season 1 of the original yet.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Mill Creak threw in some more DIC cartoon releases, some obscure 1980's stuff, and a couple 90's shows...

Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors

Cops part 2 with the remainder of the series

Archie's Weird Mysteries

[ur=[url]http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Earth-Carmen-Sandiego-The-Complete-Series/15702]Where[/url] on Earth is Carmen SanDiego[/url] The animated series, mind you.

Pretty much out of left feild for Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors. Somehow, I'd rather them get to work and give us Ulysees 31. The American dub kinda sucked, but it is a very visually appealing series none the less.

beaker

Reaction score
There was an Archie series? I barely remember that...I mean I remember watching everything from Rubix, Pacman and Pitfall to Richie Rich..but dont recall that. I did
stumble across the new Archie comic Kevin Keller#1, which I was quite happy to thumb through.

Thanks for the heads up on Cops 2. Again that and Centurions had an amazing intro. I just have the 10 select Cops episodes with the bonus Hey Vern episode.