Something Horrifying

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Well folks, I've seen many scarry things in my days, but this takes the cake. Not jump-out-at-you scarry, not slasher film scarry. This was so much worse than both of those. Let me tell you a story;

I was walking to the front of my school to catch a ride with my buddy Sam. Now, my school is the high school, which is basically on the same campus as the middle school, so I had to walk through the middle school to get to Sam's ride. Now, as I'm walking, I bumped into a little middle school child. The kid I guess must have been 10, but he looked about 6. Really small, scrawny childish looking lad. I mean, I barely brushed this kid, and it was an accident. This kid did something I'd never seen done by someone so small before.

This little boy of 10 (that looked 6) cursed up a storm worse than I've ever heard in the high school. This kid held nothing back as he spewed obscene sexual referances and other things a boy of his age should not know. I was so stunned by this child, all I could do was laugh. I mean, I'm a pretty big guy, and if I decided to I could have knocked the face off this boy. He was one bold little runt. I'm sure he has a billion brothers and cousins and whatnot backing him, but even so...

Well anyway the point of this post is to say; I was horrified. Not at the words, but at the child who was spitting them. I mean, talk about the proper guidance the kid was deprived of. I felt so bad for him, knowing he would grow up to become the vermin that is tearing this nation apart.

Sorry if this was pointless reading, but I needed to say something about this insodent. It has been haunting me since 4:30.

-Matt

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
try working with these kinds of kids - i.e. whole classrooms of them. In my job I deal with 'problem children' and I have five year olds mouth off at me. It can really get to me especially with the thought that if they are like that at 5 what are they going to be like at 12 or 15 or 18 etc.

grail

Reaction score
i say we blame Canada! (er...sorry...watching the South Park movie...and it just seemed fitting)

in all seriousness though...i wouldn't blame "parental guidance" just yet. i mean, my dad's a retired police officer. he dealt with some of the lowest scum on the planet, and so the words leaked into his everyday speech. i overheard them more than once (even though he tries, he really does), and it was fun to know words that you "couldn't say".

my point? i think my parents did a pretty decent job. i not a murderer, rapist, other various criminal. i've got a decent job (now), and all my expensive habits involve toys and comic books. i did pretty well in high school, got an obscene score on the SAT, and have been referred to on many occasions as the "walking reference section"...but i've got a mouth like a sailor.

i've tried putting a cap on it, but it just doesn't work...though my parents have only heard me do it twice...ever...i honestly couldn't tell you why. but you should see me when one of the customer's torques me off at work...let's hear it for tech support...

i guess i really don't have a point, except don't automatically blame the parents. kids are gonna hear swearing. it's unavoidable...unfortunate, but unavoidable (heck, one of the reasons i've spent so much time working with kids in the past is because i can't curse around them either...which was kinda nice). it's all a matter of what they DO with that information. like i said, my parents DON'T hear me curse...if they had, they'd have put a stop to it right then, as i dislike the taste of soap (yes, mom really did that on one of those two times...the other time i was 22, so they couldn't do much about it, but boy i got a dirty look...)

okay, it's apparantly time for bed...i doubt any of what i just wrote made any sense...man, i gotta start getting more than 3 hours a night...

Luke

Reaction score
You know who's to blame for all this don't you ? Snoop Doggie D.O .......... nah i better not say it ! :big_grin:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
i say we blame Canada! (er...sorry...watching the South Park movie...and it just seemed fitting)

in all seriousness though...i wouldn't blame "parental guidance" just yet. i mean, my dad's a retired police officer. he dealt with some of the lowest scum on the planet, and so the words leaked into his everyday speech. i overheard them more than once (even though he tries, he really does), and it was fun to know words that you "couldn't say".

my point? i think my parents did a pretty decent job. i not a murderer, rapist, other various criminal. i've got a decent job (now), and all my expensive habits involve toys and comic books. i did pretty well in high school, got an obscene score on the SAT, and have been referred to on many occasions as the "walking reference section"...but i've got a mouth like a sailor.

i've tried putting a cap on it, but it just doesn't work...though my parents have only heard me do it twice...ever...i honestly couldn't tell you why. but you should see me when one of the customer's torques me off at work...let's hear it for tech support...

i guess i really don't have a point, except don't automatically blame the parents. kids are gonna hear swearing. it's unavoidable...unfortunate, but unavoidable (heck, one of the reasons i've spent so much time working with kids in the past is because i can't curse around them either...which was kinda nice). it's all a matter of what they DO with that information. like i said, my parents DON'T hear me curse...if they had, they'd have put a stop to it right then, as i dislike the taste of soap (yes, mom really did that on one of those two times...the other time i was 22, so they couldn't do much about it, but boy i got a dirty look...)

okay, it's apparantly time for bed...i doubt any of what i just wrote made any sense...man, i gotta start getting more than 3 hours a night...
Well that kind of again confirms that were more alike than different pale grail. I mean, I do curse around my parents, a bit excessively at times, but I mean I'm an honors student whos one big thrill in life is going to the cmoic book show in Davie on Sundays and looking for new Ka-Zars. I don't think thats too horrible no matter how much I curse.

It was a bit different for this kid though, and I think that his parents (or lack of them) were ALOT different from yours or mine grail. This kid was vicious, and really a sad sad case. I don't know about you, but I've never flipped out like a maniac at someone 4 times my size for simply bumping into me...or am I the weird one? :smile:

Amy - Your back! We were just talking about how I haven't seen you around in days. Yay! I'll have your picture done tonight. :smile:

Luke - lol...I think his influence was Muppet specials gone horrible wrong...oh god, lets not take this perfectly off Snoop thread and turn it into a battlefield, pleeeease?

-Matt

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'd take it as a sign of growing pains. I had a terrible mouth when I was a kid (not sure if it has improved that much, LOL). But swearing at people is a whole different thing than swearing in general. I never did much of that. As I said, take it as a kid who is growing up and testing his boundaries. Nothing more. It's not a sign of parenting - in fact, the sons of religious leaders I have met used terrible language behind their folks' back.

Just what I have experienced.