Something I Found Out....

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
i hear that Rowlf was on Sesame Street!!! look on the Rarely Seen Muppets thing.

can someone give me more info if possible?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I remember seeing him in one of the "baker" sketches. It was the one for number 9. He said "9 lights." I don't know if he appeared on the show other than that, but that's the only time I remember him being on the show.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Wow

Wow! I'm the only one that responded here? I'm sort of wondering about this myself. Was that the only time Rowlf appeared on Sesame Street or was he seen more often in earlier episodes?

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
it would be rad if he was! like, hanging out with Big Bird, and Oscar being mean to him and stuff, you know Ernie, Bert and Rowlf. haha, talking to Barkley and playing the piano

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think Rowlf was on the pilot episode. I recall seeing a short clip of Rowlf and Kermit (one was dubbed, I guess) talking to each other about what the show could be called. TRowlf says, "My entire career as a TV educator.. nipped in the..huh?"

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Oh, yeah. I remember seeing a clip of that one on some kind of Henson special or something like that. Kermit suggests that Rowlf should call the show Sesame Street, because it's like a magical place that anything could happen. Yeah, and I guess one of the voices had to have been dubbed because Jim Henson performed them both. Same thing with "I Hope Something Better Comes Along."

Joggy

Reaction score
There's more Kermit/Rowlf clips on the A&E SS Biography documentary.

Kermit: "Oh really? So you mean kids all over America will rush off the baseball fields to watch the educational channel?!"

On that baker scene Rowlf counted "nine lightbulbs". Not that I've seen it. It's just been mentioned on here so many times LOL!