Something I noticed with the Muppets

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
After the muppets sing a song, they always nod their heads several times. I have no idea why the performers always did that. anybody know why?

ryan

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Just check with them singing a song in a Muppet Show episode.

ryan

Gonzo14

Reaction score
that's probably it, because most of them end at the waist so they can't tso a normal bow

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
After the muppets sing a song, they always nod their heads several times. I have no idea why the performers always did that. anybody know why?

ryan
No idea why, but I've noticed that ever since I can remember. In fact, I often find myself nodding with them after finishing a song.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I think it's just sort of them kind of patting themselves on the back. Like, "Hey, that was a nice song we just sang, yeah, that worked really well" type of thing. Sort of acknowledging to themselves that the song was good and is over.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I noticed that too and whenever I did puppetry, I always did it after a number too, just figuring that was what you were supposed to do, but you never see a live performer nod after a song... thanks for bringing this up!
*nods*

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
I would Lean towards them Bowing because you can't Bend your Arm in half to make them bow so i''ll have to agree with Minor and Alex