Something I've been wondering about

The Flying Sheep

Reaction score
Okay. We know that Big Bird and Harry are 6,Praire Dawn is 7, Grover and Snuffy are 4, and Zoe and The little Red Meance are 3, and the Count, Kermit, Mumford and Forgetful . But how old are Ernie and Bert?

I mean, They have their own Apartment, but they act like kids. So what's the answer?

WiGgY

Reaction score
Bert seems like he's 40 to me. No idea why. Ernie seems late 20's mid 30's maybe. As I figure, they both have a huge settlement from big tabacco for keeping their brains from develeoping. That's why they don't work :big_grin:

Sidebottom

Reaction score
In my eyes, they're ageless. Asking how old they are is like asking what species they are. It doesn't matter. They're Muppets. They're Ernie and Bert.

:stick_out_tongue: :frown:

And don't forget that they have their pilot's licences.

-Sidebottom

"Here on Sesame Street we've got all kinds. We've got cows... and dogs... and monsters... and... Ernie and Bert..."
-Maria (probably quoted completely inaccurately) from _Follow that Bird_

dcfboss

Reaction score
it's not as if the muppets have exact ages, i think that they are meant to represent certain ages. which begs the question....if bert and ernie are as old as you've mentioned, then how about the count and mumford? is mumford the senior citizen of the muppet bunch? lol

FellowWLover

Reaction score
There are ages that they are meant to represent, but I am too lazy to look for them.

Hays

Reaction score
I don't know where in my tired old brain this information came from, but I thought Ernie was six.