Something that Annoys the Heck Outta Me..

Foreignman

Reaction score
I totally agree Matt, I don't know if people are just rushing haphazardly through the creation of their posts or if we should genuinley fear for America's future. Lately I have watched many newcomers post just to see themselves post, to hear their own voices, not contributing anything to the forum. It would seem they are simply tring to highten the number of posts under their name, watching gleefully as they surpass others in the member listings.
Oh, and by the way, when I read my last post, fully aware that I was the creator, the mock blasphemy of it drove me to rip off my own arm and throw it at the moniter.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by Foreignman
I totally agree Matt, I don't know if people are just rushing haphazardly through the creation of their posts or if we should genuinley fear for America's future. Lately I have watched many newcomers post just to see themselves post, to hear their own voices, not contributing anything to the forum. It would seem they are simply tring to highten the number of posts under their name, watching gleefully as they surpass others in the member listings.
Oh, and by the way, when I read my last post, fully aware that I was the creator, the mock blasphemy of it drove me to rip off my own arm and throw it at the moniter.
LoL!

See Ben, we need more people like you to put your two cents into posts that have been totally destroyed by these people. Not because you agree with me, but because you know how to speak and your funny and cool! :big_grin:

I mean, I see how it can bee unfair to newcomers that have comprehendible thoughts to convey to have their posts limited and such, but the ratio of intelligence to jibba-jabba is so unevenly tipped towards the jibba side that it would really serve well. And another thing!

What about all these people who sign up and post like twice or never at all? It really irks me, because it looks like we have such a large community of MC posters, when in reality we have a core group of about maybe 20-25 active posts, and a secondary inner group of about another 20. I think accounts that remain inactive for like a month's time should be deleted from the database. Frees up some bandwidth as well.

Sorry, I don't mean to get all malicious, but I guess its better to get it all out in one thread that be irate in multiples. :smile:

-Matt

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Foreignman
Lately I have watched many newcomers post just to see themselves post, to hear their own voices, not contributing anything to the forum. It would seem they are simply tring to highten the number of posts under their name, watching gleefully as they surpass others in the member listings.
Yay!

I'm so glad someone else agrees with me!

I totally understand simple spelling and grammar mistakes (I may be studying to be a teacher, but that doesn't mean I am a master of the English language). It's laziness that gets to me.

I hate seeing these "Y do U ppl hate me?" threads, when it's a newbie who has like 10 posts (and none of them are of any substance). If you're going to go through that kind of trouble of posting a thread like that then please leave (I'll pack your bags for you).

I can tolerate silly posts (because what's a Muppet forum without silliness? Plus 99.9% of my posts are silly). I just can't tolerate posts that say nothing more than "My cat's breath smells like cat food" (and this is a thread about the evolution of Kermit's character that has not gone off-topic).

The total lack of thought in these posts has really left me *very* cranky. I do not have as much free time as I used to, and the fact that I have to wade through crappy posts is not a good use of my time. I don't read every thread, and if I know a certain person is really lazy with their posts, then I *ignore* messages by that person. I'm not trying to be mean. I'm just telling it like it is...

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
I'm not trying to be mean. I'm just telling it like it is...
Preach on soul sista!

I'm so glad those who actually have some idea as to what a proper post looks like are all on the same page in agreement.

And of *course* were going to be silly Emmy! I love silliness! I mean for Coopla's sake I watch Fraggle Rock religiously! Its all in the wording babe, all in the wording.

I mean, its Hugbees man. Come on, lets all say it out loud. *Hugbees!* See, doesn't that feel just great? :big_grin: :wink: :stick_out_tongue:

-Matt

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
And of *course* were going to be silly Emmy! I love silliness! I mean for Coopla's sake I watch Fraggle Rock religiously! Its all in the wording babe, all in the wording.

I mean, its Hugbees man. Come on, lets all say it out loud. *Hugbees!* See, doesn't that feel just great? :big_grin: :wink: :stick_out_tongue:

-Matt
Well of course there's going to be silliness here! I mean what's a Muppet Forum without silliness (it would probably be as much fun as "Mad Monty's Income Tax Forum" or something like that)?

Hugbees!

Hugbees!

Moose!

:big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik

I can tolerate silly posts (because what's a Muppet forum without silliness? Plus 99.9% of my posts are silly). I just can't tolerate posts that say nothing more than "My cat's breath smells like cat food" (and this is a thread about the evolution of Kermit's character that has not gone off-topic).
Heh. Well youre getting off lucky! MC is but one of a number of forums I wade through and give my 89 cents worth near daily.

Given a huge segment of MC is under the age of 17 Im surprised at all how much coherency and thought is put into people's posts.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker

Long winded tirades that seem to on for an infinite amount of length, spewing forth all sorts of discombobulated amounts of ranting and raving with no real pause...kind of like this paragraph but about 20 times larger with no paragraph break, and very little punctuation.

You are kidding with this one right?

*points to some of Cory's own 3 am posts*

Come on.

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
I'm so glad those who actually have some idea as to what a proper post looks like are all on the same page in agreement.
... (blinks) wow... wow.

I agree with all of you guys about these little annoyances. I've always been irked by people who can't use punctuation and capital letters, but this is really too much.

You guys aren't just expressing your problems with the new posters, you're being straight out mean. And snobby, might I add. I mean really, what IS a proper post? I'd really love to hear someone define that.

Are you really above these people? Just because maybe they don't know how to make a "proper post"? I'm sure you all didn't mean to sound like total jerks, but you do.

You know, at first a lot of the new posters really annoyed me, but then I really started to enjoy their enthusaism (see, I just made a spelling mistake right there, I'm sure). And for the most part I find they don't make a lot of mistakes, and most of them are very coherent. As long as I can get their message clearly, it doesn't really bother me that much.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk either, and I probably did, making me hypocrit of the year, but seriously. I think it's fine to express your opinions, but maybe you guys could just tone it down a bit? I just hope no one gets hurt, is all.

^_^ Debo

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
I too agree with Debo.......and I see your point about expressing your "thoughts" about the extreme amount of space between someones sentences........

But not everyone works in an office and types all day long to perfect their typing abilities......not to mention some folks probably only type online at home as pure enjoyment....so I say.....you have made your point...people have listened....now lets just have fun and post on the MC website and be one big muppet lovin' family.

smiles and waves at everyone

Luke

Reaction score
I don't think it is a point of moving on - it's gone far enough. 'Muppet Central' has grown larger and massive amounts of money get spent on bandwidth and webspace. If someone has bothered to pay for this, the least people can do is put some thought into how they use it before they type. Other forums of this size have more specific 'rules' or at least a 'guide to ettiquete' - it's time Muppet Central did too. Obviously as Muppet fans we welcome each other in a Muppety way but i think also it would be in the same spirit that people made the forum as nice an experience for each other when it comes to useability. We need some kind of guidelines - for instance a limit on the lines in signatures, no flashing avatars, and no heading up thread titles with 'Please read', 'Please play', 'Important' etc etc - anything used to draw attention to a post in this way could mean that we get so fed up with it that one actually important by the moderators where there's going to be downtime or something could be completly missed. I hope the moderators at least look into instituting some guidelines so that people are aware of how to use the forum correctly.

I'm not talking about the odd spelling mistake or the occasional incorect use of English - i'm talking about people who just can't be bothered and sometimes do things deliberately.