Something that's come to my mind...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've been thinking on the early days of SST, and all the effort that wet into its Genesis to make it the best new children's educational show on television: all kinds of grants, funding, and everything, the effort that was put into making the set look, feel, and sound like an actual inner-city street (with Jon Stone even saying it might as well have been shot on location in Harlem)...

With all that in mind, I can't help but wonder why they decided to video tape the show, rather than film it? Video tape WAS brand new at the time, but it was hardly state-of-the-art then, and it clearly shows for programs that were shot on video tape even into the mid 70s; I don't remember reading the specifics about the technical aspects of the show back then, but I kind of figure as much effort as they put into making this show the best it could be, they would choose to film it so it would look nice and such... we all know what Jim said about how poor the early cameras were at picking up certain colors (making what was to be the original PURPLE Oscar look magenta, hence why h became orange instead).