Son of Endorse those Endorsements!

Starchamberfall

Reaction score
A while back someone began a thread with this title, the idea being, what products are you big on.

It died a quick death, maybe I :frown: hastened its death with my :frown: hobbies and interests in things like pencil erasers...interests that are not always that gripping for others!

Here is a wonderful website about new food products, I would never have imagined something like it working:

http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/

Almost as nice as having a cheeseburger oneself! :stick_out_tongue:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh cool, this looks interesting. It's weird but I love researching advertising and brand names actually, lol.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------------------------
My father was an ad exec/creative designer and taught me to look objectively at any ad. I like most ads which don't actually make a big deal of the product but play on pop culture or clever gags to grab and hold your attention. A recent liked one would be the kid-playing-Darth-Vader one for BMW, simply because I smiled at the parent indulging the kid's playtime. (And encouraging his dreams of galactic domination at the same time!)

Least faves? the ones which play upon dumb-drunk-fratguy stereotypes. Portraying that mentality (or LACK of mental ability) as humorous only encourages the losers to continue underachieving...

-------------------------

Starchamberfall

Reaction score
My father was an ad exec/creative designer and taught me to look objectively at any ad.
There was a clever film several years back, How to Get Ahead in Advertising...the exec actually grows another head next to his own! Wish I had seen it, but I never did.

It is true, there is relevance, even a sort of social commentary to some ads, a putting into words and images what we share (or undergo!) silently.

Drtooth

Reaction score
My father was an ad exec/creative designer and taught me to look objectively at any ad. I like most ads which don't actually make a big deal of the product but play on pop culture or clever gags to grab and hold your attention. A recent liked one would be the kid-playing-Darth-Vader one for BMW, simply because I smiled at the parent indulging the kid's playtime. (And encouraging his dreams of galactic domination at the same time!)
I think that was cute, but somehow it would have been funnier if it was actually Darth Vader, like this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxafIhYFOr0