Song of the South on DVD

baby sinclair

Reaction score
Before any one spreads this idea all over the web.I just want to let you know that nothing is set in stone.But disney (supposably)plans on releasing the 2 disc 60th aniversary edition of song of the south on dvd fall 2006. :big_grin: .The movie as many may be aware of has'nt been on video in years ,because some said it was racist and offensive towards african americans.I for one will be very happy if this product sees the light of day seeing how the characters are loveble and the music is some of disney best work(in my opinion).Any way i'd like to know what you guys think on this idea or what kind of extra feautures do you think may be on this long awaited release????

Dantecat

Reaction score
Where did you really hear about this and what month will it come in the fall?

Is there a website because this is wonderful. :excited:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I bought a copy of Disneys Song of the South on DVD a few years back on ebay.com :cool:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I've had a boot leg DVD for the past three years. I'm curious if the rascist comment will be edited from this release.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
:smile: About time this will be released.My friend and I have been waiting for this movie for so long.I luckily got to see it in the movies(approx.'79).I was happy to see the characters from the movie in the Disney ride Splash Mountain & I still have my mug from Dixie Landing with the South chrs. on it. Hope this dream finally will become a reality.:attitude:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I have always heard that Song of the South would be coming to video, but the live-action sequences with Uncle Remus was to be deleted and new animation with Br'er Bullfrog added in, and Br'er Bullfrog would be telling the stories to us viewers. That was the gossip back when I worked for The Disney Stores in 1993 or 1994. We see how quickly it got released.

I HOPE they leave it the way it was originally, because the relationship is so sweet between Uncle Remus and Johnny (who, in the books, is "the little boy" or "Pinx").