Songs from Commercials

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I thaught I'd open this thread up to talk about songs in commercials in general, those you like, those you don't, Etc., but there's one in particular that I keep hearing that's stuck on me. It's on a commercial for Liberty Mutual insurance, and it goes something like:

And I don't know
Is this the part where you let go...

I'm sure this must be a clip from an actual song; can anyone identify it?
:smile: Thanks. I'm sure that in this of all places I don't have to explain a mild obsession;
:wink: it's just that I hear it several times a day and it's so pretty...

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Ah, I should have known I could count on you for this sort of thing!
:wink: You wouldn't happen to have it, would you?

travellingpat

Reaction score
does anyone know if the one from the caveman commercial from the geico commercial is a real one? its the one when hes on the moving thing in the airport...it goes like "and everywhere i go, the people something something...."

EDIT:

Forget it I found it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remind_Me

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
The old Dubblement Gum sing as been in my head all day. So have the Extra gum song too for some reason but I have been chewing Extra gum it all day today and yesterday.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Can I say I thought it was disgusting that one commercial used the Beatles song "all you need is love?" They're singing about peace and love, and they use it to sell credit cards or something. Dang you, Michael jackson.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It's not all his fault. He just had the publishing's, not the master recording so he doesn't have total complete or final say over that. Plus I heard something about Yoko Ono having something to do with a lot of the listening of their songs. Capital Records/Apple (Beetles corp) Had a lot of control over listening their music. Mike has just benefited from it. But he claims that he's trying to protect it and Paul's things that the use of their music in commercials cheapens it which I agree it does. But if your worried about it in the wring hand, Paul doesn't want to get involve in the politics of it all and know that it's just a matter of time before it goes back to it's original owner at no cost to him. But quite the tax burden on who ever currently owns it. Ouch.

Drtooth

Reaction score
yeah... that was a joke. Dude bought up random stuff with his money back in the day... like the Elephant man skeliton... but I don't wanna say much more, since I really like sticking it to him, cuz he's funny to make fun of (South Park, Family Guy, One Piece, and Nerima Daikon Brothers certainly have a lot of fun with the guy).

But I mean, whomever owns the rights to the song really must've had gold doubloons on his mind instead of the message of the song. it's like using "Imagine" to sell assault rifles. I have no problem if it's Baby you can drive my car for Mazda or Money can't buy me love for the same credit card commercial... but All you need is love? there's a special place in the Hot Spot for people like that, believe you me!