Songs From the Street: 35 Years of Music

Sesame Seeds

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the board and really excited to be here.:excited:

I'm hoping to have an 80s and vintage Sesame Street themed party for my 30th birthday. I wanted to get one or two CDs to play. I'm also having deejay music and karoake. What do you think of the Songs from the Street: 35 years of music CD? The link is below.
I'm also new to amazon and I don't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money either.
I also want a cake iced in either Miss Piggy and Kermie or Animal. An animal image is going to be harder to find as not many cake shops here will have that. Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00133KENQ/ref=pe_55820_16148770_pe_vfe_t1

Sesame Seeds

Reaction score
When I tried to order it from amazon, it told me that it does not deliver that particular item to my country. (Barbados). :frown:

dwmckim

Reaction score
I may be too late (you didn't mention when your birthday is), but i think this is an awesome idea for a birthday party! My 30th birthday just happened to be during MuppetFest so that really made it special (especially since i had been so scared of my 30th birthday for so many years before)

As for cakes, here's a great tip- look for coloring books! These have great drawings that are simple enough to make great outlines for cake decorating. My mom's best friend in the small town i grew up in was the go-to person for cakes so i know very well about the value of coloring books for cake decor templates!

Sesame Seeds

Reaction score
Wow! That is a great idea! Thank you! I would have to find some sesame street/muppet colouring pages...I was thinking about getting a cake featuring 'Animal' too.
Why were you afraid of 30? (My birthday is September 15)
In a very weird way, Im kinda looking forward to turning 30...I feel like it's the new 20.:coy:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Wow! That is a great idea! Thank you! I would have to find some sesame street/muppet colouring pages...I was thinking about getting a cake featuring 'Animal' too.
Why were you afraid of 30? (My birthday is September 15)
In a very weird way, Im kinda looking forward to turning 30...I feel like it's the new 20.:coy:
30 may be the new 20 (just as 40 is the new 30 which is why i don't share the same dread at turning 40) but that wasn't yet the case almost a decade ago. I saw the 30th mark as being an indication of where your life was going and if your dreams and goals were on track.

The SST set is really great for a party. Fun classic stuff people will remember, celebrity tracks, and even a couple of dance mixes. Combine it with a 30th birthday party and it's a strong symbol of your inner child staying active even if the physical body's growing older.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Pardon me...I'm a bit slow :super:...which one is the SST set?
He's referring to the Songs from the Street CD set. I don't own it personally (when it came out my parents strictly forbid me from buying anything Sesame Street related, thankfully the chain has been taken off me now...) but I'm sure it's a great set.

Sesame Seeds

Reaction score
Oh, thank you :smile:

I ordered Songs from the Street: 35 years of music. I think it should be in the port now actually. It is 3 cds in one. Same thing? Or is this something different?