Songs that remind you of the Muppets

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
So, I was driving in my car yesterday and one of the local stations does this thing called "Acoustic Sunset" on Sunday nights, and they play more acoustic, folksy kind of music. Anyway, "The Sounds of Silence" came on and as I was driving I started thinking, this song sounds like it should be in an episode of Fraggle Rock. I could just picture the Minstrels or Gobo on his guitar, I'm not sure why I thought that, but I don't know, it just seems to fit in my head. So, my question is, do you ever hear songs on the radio that sound like they should be in The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock or even Sesame Street? Just thought it could be a fun discussion, so, let's discuss!

BEAR

Reaction score
Most of John Denver's songs remind me of the Muppets because he has appeared with the Muppets singing a lot of his songs and also his music has that beautiful earthy peace about them the same way the Muppets songs do. Make sense? I hope so.

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
The song, "I've Got More Strings" from Pinocchio reminds me of the Muppets. It is becuase it is about a puppet and his so-called "freedom." Just like the Muppets.
♥ I LOVE DISNEY!

BEAR

Reaction score
jacobsnchz said:
The song, "I've Got More Strings" from Pinocchio reminds me of the Muppets. It is becuase it is about a puppet and his so-called "freedom." Just like the Muppets.
♥ I LOVE DISNEY!

Do you mean "I've Got No Strings"?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh, I agree about John Denver Bryan. I'm singing his song Calypso with a group of people in a show my church is doing this winter and it totally reminds me of the Muppets. In fact, he may have sung it with them once, I'm not sure. :smile:

Skye

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
Oh, I agree about John Denver Bryan. I'm singing his song Calypso with a group of people in a show my church is doing this winter and it totally reminds me of the Muppets. In fact, he may have sung it with them once, I'm not sure. :smile:
Oh my gosh, Beth, "Calypso" is one of my all-time faaaaavorite songs of John's! It's so cool that you're singing it in your church's show!

I would have to think about your question a little bit more, but I do agree with you and Bryan that some of John's songs remind me of the Muppets, also.

peachesncream

Reaction score
the jimmy buffett song "you'll never work in dis bizness again" reminds me of the muppets. when i worked at the margaritaville in new orleans we always had our own little muppety dance to go wiht the song.

Faylo

Reaction score
There's a song called "Butterfly" by the finnish acapella group Rajaton, it really reminds me of something Mokey would sing lead on.