Songs you thought were the wrong segment

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Have there ever been any segments you saw way when you were young, then didn't see them for a long time, forgot the lyrics, and then when either hearing a song on an album or hearing people mention a song online, you mistakenly thought one of those songs was a segment in question?

There's been a few for me....

When I got the album Jim Henson's Sesame Street Celebration, I assumed that either Tadpole or This Frog was My Pollywog Ways, and it had been a few years since I had last seen that segment and had not remembered any lyrics (and I got the album a few years after the segments last broadcast on the show). Dialogue-wise, all I could remember was in the introduction, Kermit mentioned when he was a tadpole, which initially got me thinking Tadpole was that song.

While I was sure that I Wish I Had a Friend to Play with Me was the song it was, after hearing it on Born to Add, I had a little bit of doubt, mainly because of the female back-up vocals added to the audio release (back then, most of the songs on the albums I had were close enough to the broadcast versions). When I got the internet, I read about the song Somebody Come and Play, and wondered if that was this song (I feel like I heard something back then about Bert singing the song, though I don't think he ever has). Especially during season 30, when the versions with Ernie and Suzie Kabloozy play out similar, with a character or characters sneaking up on the singer before they play (the one with Suzie Kabloozy is more like I Wish I Had a Friend to Play with Me, as Feff initially doesn't want to play, then sneaks on her before showing up).

I saw A Song for Two around season 29 and then didn't see it again for over a decade. But not too long after (but long enough that I completely forgot all lyrics and had no idea what the title was), I heard about I Like to Sing, sung by Herry and Louisey. The girl in A Song for Two was not named, and I assumed that was this song.

And at times Iread mention of Oscar and Grundgetta's song "We're a Couple of Grouches", and thought that was Alone in the Swamp with You.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I felt this kind of situation with "Beep" when I heard an audio version on YT a few years ago, but after the real segment was in an episode uploaded to YT some months ago or last year, I realized that the version used in the segment was completely different (and lower pitched) and had the two male Anything Muppets still interacting with each other for the last few seconds of the segment when the screen was a solid white after many overlapping circles of different colors filled up the entire screen.

Last edited:

ssetta

Reaction score
The same thing happened to me with "Cookie Disco" and "Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco." There's a lot of individual threads about two songs that are very similar in this sort of way. This could also go for "Handful of Crumbs" and "Goodbye Little Cookie."

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's a lot of individual threads about two songs that are very similar in this sort of way. This could also go for "Handful of Crumbs" and "Goodbye Little Cookie."
yeah, I have done some “versus” threads for a few simple songs.