Southern California may see sub-freezing temperatures

Oscarfan

Reaction score
But, it never rains in southern California!

sesameguy

Reaction score
After all the news of the fires, that is just paint crazy.:stick_out_tongue:
I'm not far from the San Diego/Los Angeles area. It was definitely rainy yesterday, but it is slowly going away - it was cold today, but not too bad. Although for Southern Californians, 30 to 40 degrees is considered "freezing." :smile: Thankfully, the worst seems to be over, and we should slowly get back to normal. I'll let you know if it gets worse.

sesameguy

Reaction score
But, it never rains in southern California!
That's a nice song, but it's not quite true. :smile: It RARELY rains in Southern California. That's actually a big problem for us. Many of us are trying to conserve as much water as we can. Some fire hydrants around here are painted purple, signifying that they are filled with re-treated waste water.

Plus, you may recall the Rose Parade in the rain back in 2006, I think. That was quite a show. Hopefully the skies will be clear this year, but it's obviously too early to know for sure.

sesameguy

Reaction score
Just a quick weather update: Yesterday (Wednesday) was definitely bad. The rain returned, and it was very cold and very windy. Due to the wind, it felt like the rain was hitting me on the side instead of coming from above! I had to hold my umbrella to the left instead of holding it straight up.

This morning, no rain (so far) and most of the clouds are gone. Hopefully this time things will get back to normal.