Speaking of the busts...

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been discussed, but I missed it. What's everyone's thoughts on the Sideshow busts? Did folks take them up on the special deal on the entire first set through their website? I did, although I'm not much of a mini-bust buyer. I actually only have one, and that's because I had some store credit burning a hole in my pocket.

But the Muppets busts simply look so good, that I couldn't pass it up, particulary with the special offer. What's the feelings of the rest of the folks?

Michael
MWC

Kedrick

Reaction score
While I don't think it will be feasible for me to collect the entire line, I definitely plan on buying my favorite Muppet Characters from this line. Their Miss Piggy bust (pictured on Warrick's site) is the BEST Piggy likeness I have ever seen and will definitely be sitting on my shelf when it is released.

I love them all, actually. But the cost ($50-60 a piece!) will prohibit the busts I buy. Thankfully they are MINI busts, for if they were life-sized (which I would love, actually) they would be too expensive to buy more then one. :smile:

Clint

Luke

Reaction score
Thankfully UK'ers won't be paying really high shipping costs on these and it'll be possible for us to collect them through the UK distributors.

I love more or less all the likenesses - what i'm not happy about is the bases for the busts. It's this not massively attractive sandy color and with some of the busts the color's clash. I would have preferred some imitation velvety red 'Muppet show curtain' style base which would have looked much more special and posh !

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
I agree with Luke...the bases could have been pushed, although I can kind of see what they were going for...like a Greek style classical look.

I can't friggin' WAIT to get my hands on the busts. They are totally awesome. Those WETA sculptors walk on water if you ask me...

Ken

Kedrick

Reaction score
I think the columns are meant as a homage to the scene from the opening of the show where row after row of Muppets sing as the logo drops. The classic style columns hold the different rows up and seperate the characters so they each stand in their own little window.

Clint

uncleduke

Reaction score
I agree these are amazing looking. I went to the Sideshow website and saw the pics of serires one and two. I seem to recall seeing more than this in the Toy Fair coverage. Does any one know where I can find the other pics?