Speaking of triumphant returns...

Drtooth

Reaction score
This is kinda old, but look who else made a comeback...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0c5X9eIRLc

Yep... old Jean LeFoot, ze barefoot pirate. Granted, these commercials pail in comparison to the classic Jay Ward commercials, but this character hasn't been seen since 1984, when Jay Ward stopped making Capn Crunch spots. he was replaced by the Soggies, which many 1980's kids remember. And then in the 90's and today we have pretty lousy ones. But I think it's great we finally have an old character like him back.

What do you think the chances of getting Smedly the Elphant back?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You mean that guy existed before? And all this time I thought he was just some fruity-looking new obstacle for Capn Crunch and the kids... like that French waiter in that French restaurant presenting the kids snails... or that bad opera singer.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You know? My younger brother was watching that commercial the other day and I was wondering who that guy was and he was telling me, and I was just like "Well, what ever happens to the soggies?" LOL!

Drtooth

Reaction score
You mean that guy existed before? And all this time I thought he was just some fruity-looking new obstacle for Capn Crunch and the kids... like that French waiter in that French restaurant presenting the kids snails... or that bad opera singer.
You're kidding, right?

Here's the original featuring Daws Butler as the Capn and Bill Scott as Jean LeFoot (A play on the real life pirate Jean LeFiet)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ILr8l4rbr70

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yeah, he's a legend!
Although I must admit I liked the newer one better... Meh, I guess it's a generational thing.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Personally, I like all of um'! There just soooo funny! Hehe!:big_grin: