Speculation: Celebrities Considered for the New Muppet Movie!

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Not just Jason Segal and Amy Adams are in the spotlight, Michael Cera and Alan Arkin are considered for new roles in the new Muppet movie, Cera being the voice of the new Muppet Walter who parters with Segal and Adams to reunite, and Arkin (who just so happens to be a guest star on TMS) is considered to be a tour guide at the old Muppets Studio, you can read more about this insanely awesome news here:

http://www.newsinfilm.com/2010/11/01/michael-cera-alan-arkin-offered-the-muppets/

Now I'll leave you with a quote from Dr.Tooth, "It's actually 90% happening"!:smile::smile::smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not that I don't like Michael Cera (I dig him being in the film), but a LOT of people are starting to get really turned off by him. I read a terrible review for Scott Pilgrim that actually gave the film a rave, but rated it poorly for just him being in it. I'd hate to see any of that foil the Muppet film.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Not that I don't like Michael Cera (I dig him being in the film), but a LOT of people are starting to get really turned off by him. I read a terrible review for Scott Pilgrim that actually gave the film a rave, but rated it poorly for just him being in it. I'd hate to see any of that foil the Muppet film.
Good point! Now aside from Michael Cera, Alan Arkin would be fun to see, knowing that he's already worked with the Muppets (fairly well from what I know), he might be fun to have in the new movie.

beaker

Reaction score
Im soooo hoping for a Vince Vaughn and Seth Rogen cameo!

You kidding me? Scott Pilgrim is probably not just one of the best live action video game/comic movie of this generation, but its truly an anthem to youth everywhere much like Grease or John Hughes and other youth zeitgeist films were back when.

Cera rocks, as does his "twin brother" Jesse Eisenberg. It'd be amazing to have both in this

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Im soooo hoping for a Vince Vaughn and Seth Rogen cameo!

You kidding me? Scott Pilgrim is probably not just one of the best live action video game/comic movie of this generation, but its truly an anthem to youth everywhere much like Grease or John Hughes and other youth zeitgeist films were back when.

Cera rocks, as does his "twin brother" Jesse Eisenberg. It'd be amazing to have both in this
I like Cera too. Scott Pilgrim was a pretty good film too. A little longer than it needed to be, but I enjoyed myself a lot.

I'm wondering if Zach Galifianakis will get booted from the film because of his recent doobie stunt. I hope not! He has the kind of energy made for the Muppets. I just hope they stick to A-list cameos from classic and current entertainers rather than just the kids already in the Disney stable. It's good for them to be included, but not make up the highest percentage of Hollywood talent in the movie. I think Segel and crew know how to walk that line. :attitude:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh man, I really wish I could post the review. The guy gave one star to the film and then went on to rave about how amazing it looked and how wonderful it was and ended with "But that can't justify me sitting through another nerdy performance by Michael Cera." But hey, that was an indie paper, and those indie paper guys are known for being obstinate poops. I would hate for them to tell all the Muppet fans around our age to skip it because he's in it.

As for the film, i loved it, and the only problem I had was that they crushed the entire series of books into one movie, leaving no room for a sequel and kinda spoiling the ending of the last book. Didn't think I'd love it, but I did. And Mikey's alright by me, though it does seem he can play that one character, so I can see where they're getting from.

I'm wondering if Zach Galifianakis will get booted from the film because of his recent doobie stunt. I hope not! He has the kind of energy made for the Muppets. I just hope they stick to A-list cameos from classic and current entertainers rather than just the kids already in the Disney stable. It's good for them to be included, but not make up the highest percentage of Hollywood talent in the movie. I think Segel and crew know how to walk that line.
Segel and crew would FIGHT for him. And they'd fight against any forced Disney Pop cameos. Even though they did filter the script through a LOT of people, I think because the team involved has a name for themselves in Hollywood with multiple blockbusters under their belts, they're giving them more creative control over what they want to see in their own film. You need a LOT of cred and projects for that sort of thing to happen. There are times when a director is so big, the studio refuses to interfere (at least to an insulting degree) and say "Dude... do whatever you want." As opposed to greener directors that get a long list of "This is what we wants" that usually wreck a picture.

Now, Snoop Dogg... that was an unfortunateness. He was doing some questionable stuff on the side and parental groups got up in arms about the whole thing. And then Scooter cage danced. So they got it in the end, didn't they? I said it before, but if only angels could work on Muppet Projects, we'd only have like Bill Cosby and Mr. Rogers. Now, a lot of the actors that are speculated to have cameos have a certain kind of film that plays to a certain audience of older movie goers. Even if they pretend to do that stuff (or even do it in private), their films routinely feature drugs, sex, and all with a razor sharp wit. But that doesn't mean they can't be in kid's films. Roles are roles. Cheech Marin was in Oliver and Company and Cars. His partner, Tommy Chong is supposedly in Hoodwinked 2. And he really DOES the stuff. That stuff's for the adults that take their kids (or at least adults that appreciate well done kids movies on a deeper level than kids). The only thing that matters to me is that they fill the movie up with true Muppet fans. And seems like they must have all hung out and watched a bunch before filming.

beaker

Reaction score
Oh man, I really wish I could post the review. The guy gave one star to the film and then went on to rave about how amazing it looked and how wonderful it was and ended with "But that can't justify me sitting through another nerdy performance by Michael Cera." But hey, that was an indie paper, and those indie paper guys are known for being obstinate poops. I would hate for them to tell all the Muppet fans around our age to skip it because he's in it.

As for the film, i loved it, and the only problem I had was that they crushed the entire series of books into one movie, leaving no room for a sequel and kinda spoiling the ending of the last book. Didn't think I'd love it, but I did. And Mikey's alright by me, though it does seem he can play that one character, so I can see where they're getting from.

Segel and crew would FIGHT for him. And they'd fight against any forced Disney Pop cameos. Even though they did filter the script through a LOT of people, I think because the team involved has a name for themselves in Hollywood with multiple blockbusters under their belts, they're giving them more creative control over what they want to see in their own film. You need a LOT of cred and projects for that sort of thing to happen. There are times when a director is so big, the studio refuses to interfere (at least to an insulting degree) and say "Dude... do whatever you want." As opposed to greener directors that get a long list of "This is what we wants" that usually wreck a picture.

Now, Snoop Dogg... that was an unfortunateness. He was doing some questionable stuff on the side and parental groups got up in arms about the whole thing. And then Scooter cage danced. So they got it in the end, didn't they? I said it before, but if only angels could work on Muppet Projects, we'd only have like Bill Cosby and Mr. Rogers. Now, a lot of the actors that are speculated to have cameos have a certain kind of film that plays to a certain audience of older movie goers. Even if they pretend to do that stuff (or even do it in private), their films routinely feature drugs, sex, and all with a razor sharp wit. But that doesn't mean they can't be in kid's films. Roles are roles. Cheech Marin was in Oliver and Company and Cars. His partner, Tommy Chong is supposedly in Hoodwinked 2. And he really DOES the stuff. That stuff's for the adults that take their kids (or at least adults that appreciate well done kids movies on a deeper level than kids). The only thing that matters to me is that they fill the movie up with true Muppet fans. And seems like they must have all hung out and watched a bunch before filming.
Yeah I doubt Zach would get nixed because of his Bill Maher thing...if anything to the audience Segal is trying to reach, that builds his "cred"

Im kind of confused, because I think we may have two completely different visions of this project going on. Disney thinking they have a new family movie to push and Segal and the Apatow crew wanting to market and make a film for the 15-30 year old hip crowd. Which I applaud, and think this film just may work on dual levels.

Having dealt with Arnold, Bruce, Stallone, Vin Diesel, etc its nice to have nerdy heroes like John Cera, Jesse Eisenberg...and for us chubby dudes, people like Jack Black, Zach Gallificawhatshisname, Kevin James, Seth Rogen, etc.

And yeah, the reason I think they wanted to cram EVERYTHING they could into the SP Vs the world film was because they probably knew it wouldnt make enough money to be greenlit for a sequel.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Toughpigs just released a list of MORE reported cameos

Wowsers! It's like they got every single nerd friendly celebrity out there! :flirt:
They've really hit it out of the park with these cameos. Jane Lynch? Utter perfection. Paul Rudd? Magnificent. Eric Stonestreet? Beyond awesome. Donald Glover? FanTAStic. John Krasinski? Wonderful.

I can not WAIT to see how all of these fantastic actors and performers interact with our Muppets. Some places are saying that Jane Lynch is playing a prison guard and John Krasinski and Ed Helms are part of Lady Gaga's entourage... if that's the case, my love for Jason Segel has just grown exponentially.