Speculation: Fraggle Rock Comics Coming Soon?

Foodie

Reaction score
I just saw this link too. Interesting... although I'd rather be the one writing it. :smirk:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Interesting... guess we'll have to wait and see what's going on.

Nick22

Reaction score
That'd be awesome if we got some Fraggle Rock comics. Can't wait to see how it all rolls out.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
If this Fraggle comic does go forward I think we should all submit a little bit of fan art and see if they might include it on the back page like they do with the recent Dark Crystal manga. Fraggles seem to fit with fan art. Never hurts to ask. :coy:

It's also a good marketing tool.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If this does indeed happen, who might be publishing it? It would be cool if Boom had some sort of sublicense that included other non-Disney projects. They've done a marvelous job with the Muppets so far. It makes me wonder, however, if Tokyopop is planning it, since they have a better relationship with Henson.

But you know, anything to keep the franchise going so the movie goes forward, and gets all the publicity it can until then.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
If this does indeed happen, who might be publishing it? It would be cool if Boom had some sort of sublicense that included other non-Disney projects. They've done a marvelous job with the Muppets so far. It makes me wonder, however, if Tokyopop is planning it, since they have a better relationship with Henson.

But you know, anything to keep the franchise going so the movie goes forward, and gets all the publicity it can until then.
I just hope it isn't Fraggle manga. Ick. :smirk:
I find the interior artiwork for the Dark Crystal and Labyrinth to be pretty bad. That is why I bought one and then stayed away. Far, far away. There's no lack of talented Muppet/Henson property artists as we have seen recently with many of the Boom covers. I hope the Fraggles follow that a bit more closely. However, if they do go the manga route, it is my hope they find better artists than the disappointing Tokyo Pop stuff.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
^ Oh man, absolutely NO manga. If "Return to Labyrinth" is any preview as to how they'd handle it, I'd cry if this happened!

If this Fraggle comic does go forward I think we should all submit a little bit of fan art and see if they might include it on the back page like they do with the recent Dark Crystal manga. Fraggles seem to fit with fan art. Never hurts to ask. :coy:

It's also a good marketing tool.
Oh, oh! Me! I'll draw something :big_grin: