Spider-Man: Friend or Foe

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Has anyone heard about this game that's coming out next week for the Wii, PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, PC, Nintendo DS and PSP?

It's a new Spider-Man video game that sort of follows the movies, but puts a humorous twist on them. In the game, Spidey is forced by S.H.I.E.L.D. to team up with the enemies he has encountered thus far in the movies, such as The Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Sandman, Venom, and Harry Osborn (a.k.a. "The New Goblin"), as a new threat emerges.

From the looks of it, I assume it's a kid-friendly game (whereas the previous games that were based off the actual movies were more "teen appropriate").

This is the website for the game:
http://www.spiderman-friend-or-foe.com/

And SuperHeroHype has an exclusive for it here (w/ a pretty interesting cinematic from the game):
http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6351

It's supposed to be released on the first week of October. I think I'm gonna rent it. At least this makes more sense than Halo 3 (not that I'm bashing any Halo fans that happen to be on this board--I just don't get that one very much).:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope... Haven't heard of it till this post.
Yeah, I don't get Halo much either... But then again, I don't play many vid games. My second brother though, the tek-expert of the family, is a diehard player.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I've been asked so many times this week if I'm going to play or rent it, but just keep shaking my head and asking, "What's the deal?" It just seems like another alien game to me--no different from Metroid Prime or Contra.:stick_out_tongue:

Simple games w/ simple storylines like "Spider-Man: Friend or Foe" is what I'm most into.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... My allegiances are and always will be invested in the Mega Man franchise. Though the newer stuff I have to read up on and see if it's something I'd acknowledge. Also hoping the Castlevania movie finally does come around, as it could maybe bring about a wave of movies based on the better vid game franchises instead of all these shoot 'em ups that don't hold my interest.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Every time I think of movies based on video games, not only do I cringe at the thought (i.e. Street Fighter and Super Mario Bros.), I can't help but wonder about the status of the third Mortal Kombat movie that I believe we were once promised of having in the near future. To be honest, I'm not really looking forward to it, but just wondering if it's still being considered.

I have to admit there's been some good ones recently like Resident Evil, Silent Hill, and Tomb Raider. But Doom and DoA were two that I didn't really expect to be so hot, 'cause of the history behind movies like these.

The real entertainment is in video games based on movies like Spider-Man.:smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah It's sounds pretty good! Does it have good camera angles?