Spiders *shiver*

RedDragon

Reaction score
If you didn't guess by the title, I hate spiders.....They are so creepy...all those legs...I was chased out of my bed this morning by a HUGE spider...I don't know what it is about big spiders...But they always seem to run straight at you, like they're on a suicide mission or something...And they're fast little buggers too (no pun intended)...I just hate them so much...just so you kow...

(90 more posts til I'm a senior member)

superfan

Reaction score
HHHm, then I best not show you my big spider tattoo....:wink:

RedDragon

Reaction score
heh, I don't mind pics or having glass between us...I just don't want live ones touching me...or dead ones for that matter...

superfan

Reaction score
I can handle insects and such if it's one or two but swarms of them freak me out.

Brinatello

Reaction score
Our apartment complex is full of huge spider webs with huge spiders in them. I almost walked into one this morning when walking around the front of my car to reach the driver's side. A huge web had formed near the poll of the parking garage and extended near my car. I halted and fell onto the hood of my car as I saw this huge spider retracting up the poll! I was inches from walking into its web! I went around to the rear to get to my door. They're everywhere!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I saw a daddy long legs that had to be at least 6-7 inches across a few few days ago on our door. I was going outside to walk our puppy and I saw it and almost dropped poor Clyde. I am terrified of spiders and just bugs in general (exept ants, they are fun to squish), so I really freaked out.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Red Dragon congratulations on almost becoming a senoir member! One time I went to zoo and they, for some reason, had a coakroach exhibit. Even though they were behind glass, they freaked me out and I'm still horrified by the experience. *shudder*

swinetrekkie

Reaction score
I used to be nervous around spiders until I started working at Renaissance festivals for a living. I knew I'd been living in a tent too long when I woke up in the middle of the night because my hair had flopped in my face. I went to move my hair, and discovered it was actually a huge spider crawling across my face. I said, "Oh spider" and went back to sleep.

My son, however, HATES spiders and likes quoting Ron Weasley from the HP movies when he sees them "Why couldn't it be follow the butterflies?"

Cockroaches still freak me out though. Everybody knows this and my HP geekinees, so 3 people gave me candy cockroaches for Christmas this year. At least those cockroaches don't hiss!

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Spiders are not insects

superfan said:
I can handle insects and such if it's one or two but swarms of them freak me out.
Spiders are not insects, they are arachnids. Insects have six legs and three main body parts. Spiders, scorpions and other arachnids have eight legs and two main body parts.