Sprout is airing Season 40 now

ssetta

Reaction score
Within the last couple of weeks, PBS Kids Sprout has acquired Season 40 of Sesame Street, and I have to say, I really am not very happy about it. I will now go over the reasons why:

1. The format in Season 40 was almost identical to the format of today. With Abby's Flying Fairy School and Bert & Ernie's Great Adventures, it basically just looks exactly the same as the episodes that are airing on PBS. Even Season 39 was a little bit different than the current episodes.

2. With all the longer segments that SS has come out with over the last few years, it seems like the show is just a lot more repetitive, which makes it a lot less fun to watch. With so similar episodes airing on PBS, it's likely that the same Abby and/or Elmo's World segments could air on both episodes.

3. They usually only air about 20 episodes per rotation now. This was the case last year when Sprout was airing Season 39. Prior to airing Season 39, they would often have more than one season in rotation at a time, often times leading to about a 50-episode cycle. Also acknowledge that they jumped directly from Season 35 to 39, and they never aired seasons 36-38.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
I didn't watch that season of Sesame Street (I outgrew it and liked Pokemon more) I remember watching Season 38 with my sister (we were 9 at the time) because she LOVED Abby and found her cute, so I think Sprout airs that. I also am glad that Sprout has the later seasons to they could be up to date. And speaking of Sprout, I don't get that channel, only the Saturday morning Sprout block on NBC (I watched LazyTown on the premiere day and enjoyed it, but the rest I didn't watch because I went to the beach or something), Nick Jr, Disney Junior and the local PBS Kids channel, Kids Thirteen. I'd prefer having Sprout over Kids Thirteen, since that network is a mess, because on most shows, they have a limited episode selection. (for example, they only have the last two seasons of Barney.) I'd also like it for shows I don't get on my PBS station (like The Berenstien Bears and Play With Me Sesame, even though the later is only on at four in the morning.)