Sprout Schedule Changes

ssetta

Reaction score
As of this week (I kept meaning to post this, but never got around to it), Sprout has a new morning block of programming, featuring the Wiggles. Yes, Sprout is now airing The Wiggles. And because of this, their schedule is changing. Sesame Street is moving from 8 am to 1 pm, though it isn't this week, because for this week only, this morning show is being shown twice. And Play With Me Sesame will no longer be on in the afternoon, and Sesame Street is actually taking its place. But for this week only, it will be on in the afternoon since it's part of the morning block. But I watched it yesterday, and it looks like they're actually airing new episodes of it. The version they're showing now is more like the one that was shown on Noggin years ago.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I quess that's good. I'm sick of having stations only show Sesame in the morning. One of my stations (kidsThirteen) had it on at 8, 12 and 4 PM, then cut the 4 PM airing.

Son of Enik

Reaction score
I am actually glad to see The Wiggles on Sprout, I think they are a better fit here than they were on Disney Channel. I have to admit though, it was surreal the other day when watching with my daughter to hear Capt. Feathersword announce that Play With Me Sesame was coming up next. Could the Wiggles guest star on Sesame Street one day? I think it would be pretty cool.

ssetta

Reaction score
I'd also like to point out: I think the episodes of SS that air at 1pm are the "new" episodes they recently acquired from Season 32. And the Season 30 and 31 (and some 32) episodes they have been airing will remain on at 5am, and 7:30am on Saturday and Sunday. So, at least they're still airing them. I have to say I'm glad that Sprout is still airing these seasons. At the time, I didn't think SS was using enough classic clips, but I thought it was better then than it is now. At least it will still the old format, except for Elmo's World. But remember that at the time these episodes were originally airing on PBS, Noggin was airing episodes from the 1993-94 season.

As for Play With Me Sesame, it looks like they have acquired some "new" episodes of that as well. This looks like the 2nd or 3rd season that originally aired on Noggin. But they have some old clips that I haven't seen on live TV in years.